Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-addrconf-privacy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 07:51:13 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Privacy Extensions for Stateless Address 
                          Autoconfiguration in IPv6
	Author(s)	: T. Narten
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-addrconf-privacy-00.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 29-Jun-99
	
Nodes use IPv6 stateless address autoconfiguration to generate
addresses without the necessity of a DHCP server. Addresses are
formed by combining network prefixes with a constant interface
identifier derived from the interface's IEEE Indentifier.  This
document describes an optional extension to IPv6 stateless address
autoconfiguration that results in a node generating addresses from an
interface identifier that changes over time. Changing the interface
identifier over time makes it more difficult for eavesdroppers and
other information collectors to identify when different addresses
used in different transactions actually correspond to the same node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-addrconf-privacy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-addrconf-privacy-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-addrconf-privacy-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.