Subject: (IPng 7593) Re: Multicast Listener Discovery timing question

From: Richard Draves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:23:14 -0700

> >Gosh, I thought that MLD should *not* be used for link-local 
> multicast
> >addresses. Our implementation does not send MLD messages 
> when it joins
> >solicited-node multicast groups.
> 
> Tsk, tsk.  You should read the spec more carefully.

Or in this case, read the spec at least once :-) I didn't work on our MLD
implementation so I hadn't looked it. I'll fix this bug.

I wonder if many other implementations have fallen into this same trap? I
don't recall every seeing an MLD report for a solicited-node multicast
address in network traces, although I haven't specifically looked for them
either. Might be a good thing for UNH to check for.

Rich
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------