Subject: getaddrinfo error

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:34:32 -0700

I have installed ftp6 (from inet6apps ver 0.36), telnet6 (from telnet.95.10.23)
and chimera (from chimera-2.0a14) for my Linux host. For all of these
applications, I am getting the same error 'getaddrinfo : name or service is not
known". What could be the possible reason for the error ? The name resolution is
working perfectly for ping6 and traceroute6. Also, I have glibc 2.1 installed on
my machine.

--
Sonum

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Craig Metz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 00:10:38 -0400

In message <[email-masked]>, you write:
>I have installed ftp6 (from inet6apps ver 0.36), telnet6 (from telnet.95.10.23
>and chimera (from chimera-2.0a14) for my Linux host.

  RTFM under "If you have problems."

									-Craig