Subject: Stats on IPv4 DFZ, info on router limitations

From: Peter Tattam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 15:31:08 +1000 (EST)

Could someone post here for relevance some useful stats on what is the current
size of the IPv4 DFZ and quantiles on stability, or at least point me to the
right place. 

Important would be to have a breakdown on the number of networks of all prefix
lens.  For stability, I guess it would depend on the point where
measurements are taken, and relative percentage of primary routes vs secondary
routes.

Also, what was the definitive answer on what constitute the major bottleneck
for large DFZs in router design.  Was it memory or CPU, (or other)?

Peter

--
Peter R. Tattam                            [email-masked]
Managing Director,    Trumpet Software International Pty Ltd
Hobart, Australia,  Ph. +61-3-6245-0220,  Fax +61-3-62450210

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------