Subject: Re: Novell and "the Net"

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 17:04:16 -0500

Hilarie,

This was put into the IPv6 addressing formats years ago
and is really just waiting to be obsoleted IMHO. No big deal.

  Brian

Hilarie Orman wrote:
> 
> Novell is committed to basing its products solely on IP and has no
> interest in the IPv6 IPX space.  Users of legacy products might
> have interest in allocations in some weird way, I suppose.  No
> one from Novell was at the Oslo IETF to cheer for some obscure IPX
> reservation; we were there to cheer for IP, the IETF, and
> the future of the Internet.
> 
> Hilarie

-- 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian E Carpenter (IAB Chair)
Program Director, Internet Standards & Technology, IBM Internet Div
On assignment for IBM at http://www.iCAIR.org 
Non-IBM email: [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------