Subject: W.G. Last Call on "IPv6 Router Alert Option"

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 14:16:48 -0700

This is a IPng working group last call for comments on advancing the
following document as a Proposed Standard:

	Title		: IPv6 Router Alert Option
	Author(s)	: D. Katz, C. Partridge, A. Jackson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6router-alert-05.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 21-Jun-99

Please send substantive comments to the ipng mailing list, and minor
editorial comments to the authors.  This last call period will end on July
14, 1999.

Bob Hinden / Steve Deering

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: ryane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 17:42:55 -0400

I've been reading these postings for a while, and it makes sense to me that we
have a need for this protocol, however, what is the sense of making IPv6
compatable with IPv4, when we are going to be "scrapping" the original
internet soon for a second internet (which is in development)----shouldn't we
be planning for the second internet as opposed to wasting our time with this
one which will probably be dead in 5 to 10 years?

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 17:12:04 -0500

I don't think we are aware of such a plan over here at the
Internet Architecture Board :-)

Perhaps you are being confused by the name of the "Internet 2"
university project. That will hopefully act as a testbed for the
next generation of technology, including IPv6, that will feed
into the Internet over the coming years. The same is true of many
other advanced projects around the world; this has been the model
for Internet progress since the beginning.

  Brian
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian E Carpenter (IAB Chair)
Program Director, Internet Standards & Technology, IBM Internet Div
As of May 24, 1999: on assignment for IBM at http://www.iCAIR.org 
Non-IBM email: [email-masked]

--