Subject: TCP survivability with mobile-ip

From: Richard Draves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:33:56 -0700

> => the mobility stuff (use of bindings) is implemented but not yet the
> router renumbering (needed to set preferred lifetimes). Of course it
> needs some security (authentication) too.
> Another point: this works for ISP failures, not for 
> renumbering because
> old addresses should be stiff valid (but default lifetimes 
> are 7 and 30
> days then renumbering survival is only a concern with very 
> long connections).

Hi Francis, you mentioned this in Oslo. It's not obvious to me how to use
mobile IP bindings to recover from ISP failures. Could you work through a
scenario in more detail?

Thanks,
Rich
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:10:11 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

=> draft-ietf-ngtrans-6bone-multi-01.txt section 7 pages 10-12
(I can send to you more things out of the list if you'd like)

[email-masked]

PS: the idea emerged during a 6bone BOF at Washington IETF
(about multi ISP, routing & survival issues...).
Matt Crawford still kept conclusion (?) slides available at
http://www-dcg.fnal.gov/~crawdad/mhome/index.htm
(broken flag has been replaced by preferred lifetime fall to 0 which is
simpler and/then better but this is the only new thing).
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------