Subject: IPng Interim Meeting Announcement [w/ Correction]

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:28:09 -0700

[The correct dates are September 29 through October 1]

We are pleased to announce that the IPng working group will hold an interim
meeting in Tokyo from September 29 through October 1.  The meeting is
hosted by the WIDE group.  

The meeting will focus on IPv6 Multihoming.  We think multihoming is an
important topic for the w.g. and that an interim meeting is a good way to
move the work forward.  Other topics may be added if there is both time and
interest.  Please send proposed agenda items to <[email-masked]> and
<[email-masked]>.

We are aware that some people in the working group may not be able to
travel to Tokyo to attend the meeting.  We did some research and concluded
that enough people will be able to attend to make the meeting productive.

Logistical information can be found at:

   http://www.wide.ad.jp/events/199909.ipng-interim/

There is enough information there now to make flight reservations.  Hotel
information will be added soon.  We plan to have the meeting end around
Noon on Friday (October 1) to allow people time for travel to the airport
to make late afternoon flights.

An email address to RSVP will be provided later.

We wish to thank the WIDE group for their generous offer to host the meeting.

Bob Hinden / Steve Deering
IPng w.g. Chairs

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:43:23 -0400

Any plan to multicast this over the mbone for the people that will not be 
able to attend?

Regards, Marc.

>Bob Hinden / Steve Deering

-----------------------------------------------------------
Marc Blanchet			| [email-masked]
Viagénie inc.			| http://www.viagenie.qc.ca
3107 des hôtels		| tél.: 418-656-9254
Ste-Foy, Québec		| fax.: 418-656-0183
Canada, G1W 4W5		| radio: VA2-JAZ
------------------------------------------------------------
Internet Engineering Standards/Normes d'ingénierie Internet
                http://www.normos.org
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:23:25 +0900

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Subject: IPng Interim Meeting Announcement [w/ Correction]

> to make late afternoon flights.

I'm going to talk with a travel agency today to make hotel reservation
easier for you. Please wait for a while.

--Kazu

---

From: Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:29:19 +0900

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: IPng Interim Meeting Announcement [w/ Correction]

> Any plan to multicast this over the mbone for the people that will not be 

If we can arrange a fat leased line, we will multicast the meeting
over *IPv6*. 

--Kazu

---

From: kay (ノグチケイ) <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:05:54 +0900

I've sent this mail only to Bob,
so I resend it to ML. 

Please answer this question, someone.
Thanks in advance
Kay

kay (ノグチケイ) <[email-masked]> wrote

| Hi Bob,
| 
| I'm very glad to hearing this announce about multi homing(Our site is now
| multi-homing now) and held in Tokyo (Yes, I'm living in Tokyo :p)
| 
| One question,
| Do I have to register to attend this meeting?
| 
| I can't find out any link to register form in the web.
| 
| |    http://www.wide.ad.jp/events/199909.ipng-interim/
| 
| Thanks in advance
| Best regards
| Kay
| 
| Bob Hinden <[email-masked]> wrote
| 
| | [The correct dates are September 29 through October 1]
| | 
| | We are pleased to announce that the IPng working group will hold an interim
| | meeting in Tokyo from September 29 through October 1.  The meeting is
| | hosted by the WIDE group.  
| | 
| | The meeting will focus on IPv6 Multihoming.  We think multihoming is an
| | important topic for the w.g. and that an interim meeting is a good way to
| | move the work forward.  Other topics may be added if there is both time and
| | interest.  Please send proposed agenda items to <[email-masked]> and
| | <[email-masked]>.
| | 
| | We are aware that some people in the working group may not be able to
| | travel to Tokyo to attend the meeting.  We did some research and concluded
| | that enough people will be able to attend to make the meeting productive.
| | 
| | Logistical information can be found at:
| | 
| |    http://www.wide.ad.jp/events/199909.ipng-interim/
| | 
| | There is enough information there now to make flight reservations.  Hotel
| | information will be added soon.  We plan to have the meeting end around
| | Noon on Friday (October 1) to allow people time for travel to the airport
| | to make late afternoon flights.
| | 
| | An email address to RSVP will be provided later.
| | 
| | We wish to thank the WIDE group for their generous offer to host the meeting.
| | 
| | Bob Hinden / Steve Deering
| | IPng w.g. Chairs
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:14:44 +0900

>| I can't find out any link to register form in the web.

	- registeration
	- accomodation
	are yet to be announced.  we made available the webpage so that
	foreign people can make flight plan earlier.

itojun

---

From: Peter Tattam <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:45:31 +1000 (EST)

A pity it is rather close to the other Ipv6 forum time as I can't afford to
make two trips close together.

Let us hope the multicast works ok.

Peter

--
Peter R. Tattam                            [email-masked]
Managing Director,    Trumpet Software International Pty Ltd
Hobart, Australia,  Ph. +61-3-6245-0220,  Fax +61-3-62450210

---

From: Niels Baggesen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:44:15 +0200

> If we can arrange a fat leased line, we will multicast the meeting

Do we have any multicast connectivity at all for IPv6?

/Niels

-- 
Niels Baggesen,  UNI-C,  Olof Palmes Alle 38,  DK-8200  Aarhus N,  Denmark
Email: [email-masked]  Tel: +45 89 37 66 69  Fax: +45 89 37 66 77

---

From: Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:56:12 +0900

> Do we have any multicast connectivity at all for IPv6?

Multicast is required by IPv6 by spec. At least in the 6bone-jp,
multicast over IPv6 is available. (On last Saturday, a NetBSD user
meeting was multicasted to the 6bone-jp.)

It is a good chance to implement/deploy IPv6 multicast to your portion
of 6bone if not ready.

--Kazu

---

From: Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 12:28:26 +0900

From: Kazu Yamamoto <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: IPng Interim Meeting Announcement [w/ Correction]

> easier for you. Please wait for a while.

A travel agency in Japan, JCOM, will help you on registration to the
meeting and reservation of hotel room. JCOM said to me that they have
already blocked 50 rooms of the nearest hotel, Mita Miyako hotel.

The meeting date is 9/29 - 10/1. The meeting room is available from
9:00 to 17:00 for all days. However, we are planning to start the
meeting at 10:30 on the first day because of some preparations.

Also, we will have a reception party in 9/29 evening at Mita Miyako
hotel. So, my image of the schedule is as follows;

9/28 [Coming to Japan]
9/29 10:30 - 17:00 meeting, 18:00-20:00 reception
9/30 09:00 - 17:00 meeting
10/1 09:00 - 17:00 meeting
10/2 [Back to your country]

NOTE: YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT WESTERN PEOPLE LOSE ONE DAY CROSSING
THE PACIFIC OCEAN TO JAPAN.

Is my understanding correct? Since JCOM books 50 rooms, check in 9/29
check out 10/2, I have to ask JCOM to change the check in date to 9/28
I want the co-chairs to review this plan.

A registration web page will be available in the early next week.

--Kazu

---

From: Steve Deering <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:01:13 -0700

>already blocked 50 rooms of the nearest hotel, Mita Miyako hotel.

Kazu,

Sounds great.  Do you happen to know how much the per-night hotel
charge will be?

>10/2 [Back to your country]

That looks good.  We have announced that the working group business
will finish by noon on Friday, 10/1, for those who wish to fly home
that same afternoon.  Therefore, if it is significantly cheaper to not
occupy the meeting room after 12:00 on Friday, you may take advantage
of that saving.  If not, we could use the meeting room on Friday
afternoon for non-working-group purposes, such as interoperability
testing, software demos, discussion of deployment and operational
issues, etc.

>check out 10/2, I have to ask JCOM to change the check in date to 9/28

I suspect that most non-local attendees will check in on 9/28 and check
out on 10/1 or 10/2.  Some may wish to arrive a day or two earlier,
or depart a day later, in order to include some sightseeing days, oops,
I mean jet-lag adjustment days, so it would be good if the hotel
arrangements could be somewhat flexible, but that is not essential.

Steve

---

From: Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:25:07 +0900

From: Steve Deering <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: IPng Interim Meeting Announcement [w/ Correction]

> Do you happen to know how much the per-night hotel
> charge will be?

I should double-check. However I believe it is 8,500 JPY per night
(without any foods and excluding tax). This is very cheap in the Tokyo
area because access from the JR Shinagawa station is
inconvenient. (But very convenient to the venue.)

#When I lived outside Tokyo, my favorite hotel near the Shinagawa
#station charged 13,000 JPY.

I will go to see this hotel very soon. I expect that rooms are small.
I imagine that some guys can't stand. ^^; So, JCOM will provide
information of other rich hotels around the JR Shinagawa hotel.

People should understand that space in the Tokyo area is the most
expensive resource. Rooms are essentially small. Even if two people
share one two-bed room, each person is charged.

> that same afternoon.  

Ah. I should have read Bob's message carefully!

> Therefore, if it is significantly cheaper to not

Don't worry about room charge. We keep the room upto 17:00 on Friday.

> arrangements could be somewhat flexible, but that is not essential.

Don't worry. It will be flexible. (I omitted to explain details to
make the story simple.)

--Kazu

---

From: "Jun Murai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:33:19 +0900

kazu,
when rich people  stays in shinagawa, then only transportation from
Shinagawa to the conference place would be a taxi, right?
could you check with JCOM about the BUS availability and how it works?
jun@santiago in winter.. certainly working for IPv6 address allocations!

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:58:25 +0900

>>>>> On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:56:12 +0900, 
>>>>> Kazu Yamamoto <[email-masked]> said:

> It is a good chance to implement/deploy IPv6 multicast to your portion

To those who are interested in an IPv6 multicast session of the
interim meeting:

We're deploying IPv6 PIM-SM with a single Rendezvous Point in the WIDE
6bone (i.e. part of 6bone-jp). If someone would like to receive IPv6
multicast stream of the interim meeting, please let us know. We're
willing to our PIM domain to your site. If there is a router that
doesn't support IPv6 PIM between you and us, we'll be able to
establish a direct IPv6 link using IPv6/IPv4 tunnel and run PIM over
the link.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:51:09 +0900

From: "Jun Murai" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: IPng Interim Meeting Announcement [w/ Correction]

> could you check with JCOM about the BUS availability and how it works?

Jun, your secretary interprets "the BUS" as public one. And she asked
JCOM to put information on the web page now coming.

Folks, personally I don't recommend buses even if available. I for one
hesitate to take bus in any area of Japan because the convention is
varied(e.g timing of payment, 10,000 JPY note can be used or
not). Also no English announcement is available I bet.

--Kazu

---

From: "Jun Murai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:37:16 +0900

well,
my intention was the public transportation.
not all the taxi drivers communicate in english anyway.

if we can provide a little bit of guidance,
10minitus public bus ride along the straight street can always work.
a little bit of adventure at first, but should be all right.

lets try to get enough  information anyway about the public transportation
when we offer shinagawa hotels.
so that  each of the attendees would make decision.
jun

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kazu Yamamoto (ŽR–{˜a•F) [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, August 26, 1999 3:51 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]