Subject: Re: AN interesting article. FYI...

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 20:11:04 -0400 (EDT)

"The other argument for IPv6 is that it would let us solve the
  forthcoming domain-name-address shortage. Yes, we're running out
  of domain-name addresses, but perhaps we can address that by
  reducing the number of Internet addresses you get with each
  domain name. Throwing blocks of 10,000 addresses in with each
  Class A name should be a Class A felony; why not just blocks of
  1,000 addresses, each of which can handle up to 10,000 virtual
  addresses in subnets? Let's make the current holders of Class A
  domain names cough up some of their addresses."  

seems to have combined telephone number assignment rules with 
IP addressing terms - rather low clue density

Scott
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------