Subject: Unified stack?

From: George Neville-Neil <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:25:59 -0700

Hi Folks,

	I've been noticing the discussions about the unified stack
which I figure is the work to put Wide, INRIA et al together in one
place.  I looked at the IPng web page and can't find a link to 
this work.  Is there one yet?  If so where?

Thanks,
George

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:11:33 +0900

>this work.  Is there one yet?  If so where?

	Oops I forgot to cc: to mailing list.

	There is no unified-ipv6 webpage so far.

	Basically, after design and manpower struggles as reported at
	couple of IETFs, we (= NRL/INRIA/KAME) decided to use KAME as
	base IPv6 distribution for unified-ipv6 distribution.
	KAME will be adding some knobs based on comments from other guys.
	So, KAME STABLE kits after end of summer will have an alias name
	on it: "unified-ipv6".
	(it's still summer I believe, in Japan it is very summer:-P)
	So, it would be good to check www.kame.net for unified-ipv6.

	KAME team is now reorganizing repository for better code share,
	for easier openbsd/bsdi4 support (which are kind of tricky since NRL
	code is already there) and other things.  64bit CPU portability
	issue is mostly clarified thanks to NetBSD guys.

itojun