Subject: tokyo interim meeting realaudio/video

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:56:00 +0900

the broadcast is up and running, so please try!

itojun

------- Forwarded Message

To: [email-masked]
Subject: realvideo
From: Kazu Yamamoto (=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCOzNLXE9CSScbKEI=?=)
 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 12:59:05 +0900
Lines: 12
Sender: [email-masked]

We decide to audio/videocast with the following formats:

	RealAudio v5 old format: audio only, some clients for Unix platforms
	RealVideo G2 new format: with video

Also, we will probably provide archive services for both. If your
firewall filters out RealAudio, please use this service.

This is what we can do the best and we can't take further
requests. Thank you for understanding.

- --Kazu
- --------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
- --------------------------------------------------------------------

------- End of Forwarded Message

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 03:50:20 +0200

> 	the broadcast is up and running, so please try!

It works just great, thanks!

There are two problems though, the first is that I had to use windows,
the other is that I'm staying up all night in order to see it. It's
nice to have an excuse for staying up all night though.

BTW, you said something about prefix ordering or hinting in resolv.conf,
I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to put information like this in
router advertisements or DHCP options.

Looks like the break is about to end, so I'll stop here.

Stig

-- 
Stig Venaas
UNINETT/NTNU

---

From: Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:04:57 +0900

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: tokyo interim meeting realaudio/video

> nice to have an excuse for staying up all night though.

Not really.

You can use Unix stuff because we are providing realaudio with the old
format as well as the new format.

And you can use archive services. 

--Kazu