Subject: Draft IPng Interim Meeting Agenda

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 19:18:29 -0700

Attached is the draft agenda for the IPng Interim meeting in Tokyo.   The
names listed by the topics are discussion leaders, not just presenters.

Please send suggestions for additional topics, changes, and corrections to us.

Bob Hinden / Steve Deering
IPng Chairs

----------------------------------------------------------

Agenda for IETF IPng w.g. Meeting
September 29, 1999 - October 1, 1999
Tokyo

Meeting hosted by the WIDE Group

Meeting information can be found at: 

   http://www.wide.ad.jp/events/199909.ipng-interim/

Wednesday / 29 September 1999
-----------------------------

10:00-12:00

 Introduction / S. Deering, B. Hinden

 Local Site Introduction / Jun Murai

 ICANN IPv6 Status / Jun Murai

 IPv6 Address Scoping Model / S. Deering

 Multihoming

 - Multihoming Overview / S. Deering
 - Near term host mechanisms / R. Draves
    o Source & Destination Address Selection

13:00 - 17:00

  - Longer term Host Mechanisms / E. Nordmark
    o API w/ DNS Names interface 
    o Multiple addresses per Connection

Thursday / 30 September 1999
----------------------------

09:00 - 12:00

 Multihoming (continues)

 - Router Only Mechanisms / Itojun
    o RFC2260 Style for IPv6
    o Multiple Prefix ISP Support

13:00 - 17:00

 Model for IPv6 Renumbering / B. Hinden

 Plug & Play Architecture / S. Deering

Friday / 1 October 1999
-----------------------

09:00 - 12:00

 API Issues / E. Nordmark
  - Multihoming
  - Scoping

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 15:22:42 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

   09:00 - 12:00
   
    Multihoming (continues)

=> I propose to add something like "Mobility Mechanisms Reuse" here
before the renumbering stuff.
 I'll try to get enough time to (slightly) update by I-D about this
in order to republish it as an IPng document (current name is
draft-ietf-ngtrans-6bone-multi-01.txt).

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: I still recommend the two year old presentation by Matt Crawford
at http://www-dcg.fnal.gov/~crawdad/mhome/index.htm named "Non-Corrosive
Multihoming".
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:06:38 -0400

Bob,

I won't be able to attend this Interim meeting.  But as you saw on
another thread I have some very strong assertions and have defined a
solution for the src/dst address selection that I would have presented
had I been able to attend.  So I just want you to know that my views on
this particular issue are very strong and I consider it very important
to product plans for IPv6.  It could be depending on what happens in
Japan this may need to be discussed also at Wash D.C. at the IETF
regular meeting, I think this entire Multihome issue will need much more
discussion as did our Addressing Proposal from 8+8, to GSE, to what we
are actually deploying now for IPv6.

Sincerely,
/jim