Subject: New FTC rueling on Privacy for children may have far reaching consequences.

From: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 18:52:58 +0100

The FTC ruled today that opt-out rules will apply in privacy with
respect to children on the net.  This could have broad reaching
implications in DNS and IPv6 issues.
See: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/1999/9910/childfinal.htm

Regards,

             --
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
E-Mail [email-masked]
Contact Number:  972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------