From: "Susanne Egilstad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 08:35:29 GMT

hello,

can someone help me with this problem;

if you have congestion in the corporate network, but not sure whether it is 
the LAN or the WAN  which is congested, butth enetwork feels slow.

the backbone of the network consists of one 8-port 10Base-T managed switch. 
of the eight switch ports, seven are connected to 10Base-T unmanaged hubs, 
while the eighth port on the switch connects to an ISDN BRI router.

How can we measure congestion on the network in quantifiable terms.??
How can we reduce the amount of congestion on the network. ??
What extra hardware should we add??

I really hope you can help me out with this problem

regards,
susanne

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------