Subject: RE: deprecated source addresses

From: Richard Draves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:06:02 -0700

> For instance, when sending to a global address if the choice 
> is a deprecated
> site-local and a deprecated link-local  use the site-local since it is
> "closer" in scope.
> Likewise, when sending to a link-local address and the choice 
> is a preferred
> site-local and a preferred global, choice the site-local 
> since it is "closer".

Yes, the current 01 draft specifies those choices.
Here is a summary of what it chooses in the several situations we've
discussed :

1. global destination. source A is deprecated site-local or global, source B
is preferred link-local. Choose A.

2. global destination. source A is deprecated site-local and source B is
deprecated link-local. Choose A.

3. site-local destination. source A is deprecated site-local or global,
source B is preferred global. Choose B.

4. link-local destination. source A is preferred site-local, source B is
preferred global. Choose A.

So in light of the Tokyo discussion, who would like me to change this aspect
of the draft?

Thanks,
Rich
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:11:53 -0700 (PDT)

> So in light of the Tokyo discussion, who would like me to change this aspect

Not me. The above look sfine.

   Erik