Subject: RE: Privacy problems in IPv6

From: Richard Draves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 09:39:58 -0700

> > The spooks and weirdos in Washington, ever eager to empower the
> > surveillance state as they fight a rear-guard action against strong
> > encryption, must be thrilled with such a gift. They appear so
> > thrilled that the Institute for Information Sciences, heavily funded
> > by the Defense Department, is writing a reference stack for IPv6
> > that it is quietly hoping to slip into Windows 2000.
> 
> Well, if every research project that gets some dollars from govt. is
> in reality a nefarious plot run by the "spooks and weirdos" with a
> hidden agenda, I guess this might be true. (To be clear: I don't
> happen to subscribe to this particular school.)

The government is not funding ISI's work on MSR IPv6.

Rich
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------