Subject: RE: (ngtrans) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-6to4-03.txt

From: Richard Draves <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 22:48:21 -0700

> Also lets add to the ruleset some type of preference that when the dst
> address is on the same subnet (link) we use a prefix on link. 
>  I know MS
> does this for IPv4 and UNIX vendors can do it via DNS 
> resolver via BIND.

Isn't this just a special case of what longest-matching-prefix preferences
will do?

Thanks,
Rich
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:15:11 -0400

Rich,

>Isn't this just a special case of what longest-matching-prefix preferences

Yes.

/jim