Subject: Re: IPv6 and business effect

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 00:03:44 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/99 11:41:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> can someone please help me with some links or information on what effect 
>  IPv6 will have on business today.
>  
Since IPv6 will probably never be generally deployed, it will
probably have about the same effect on business that MAP
had.

Joachim Martillo
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 22:18:28 +0100

Susanne and all,

  I would tend to agree with this assessment, but I am sure that
the IETF and ICANN would not.

  IPv8 is currently in deployment now, which we feel is a marked
improvement over IPv6 in many ways.

  Susanne, if you would like some additional info here please feel free
to contact me offline, or call (See sig file below)

> probably have about the same effect on business that MAP

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
E-Mail [email-masked]
Contact Number:  972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208