Subject: Re: draft-ipngwg-default-addr-select-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 18:29:47 -0400

Matt,

You seem to say that you know "a bit too little about mobileIP", which if
you don't mind,
I would consider  it diminishes your disagreement. Would you agree?

Phylosphically, and technically, if you forward, then you need to know
where to forward, and if the
destination does not tell you anything about "where", then there must be a
different place, or state, or mechanism that provides you the "where".

So let's consider  Ethernet, or FDDI links ( you are the author of the
"IPv6 over..." specs (-:....)
Do you still disagree?

Alex

"Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]> on 10/29/99 05:18:18 PM

Sent by:  "Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]>

To:   Alex Conta/US/3Com
cc:   [email-masked]
Subject:  Re: draft-ipngwg-default-addr-select-00.txt

Alex, you SEEM to be saying that if I'm talking to a node on my link,
with link-local addresses, and it goes mobile, the router (its home
agent) is not allowed to do anything to keep our communication going.
(Once again, I may know a bit too little about mobileipv6.)  If that
IS what you're saying, I disagree with it.
                    Matt
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------