Subject: ipng software

From: Yip Chan Keong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 19:21:42 +0800 (SGT)

Hi,

I am looking for 2 pieces of software:

1. an ipv4 - ipv6 translator, preferably siit compliant. kame has indicated
that work is undergoing for this pc of software. any idea what is the status?

2. an ipv6 whois and irrd server. has look thru' the various sources like
kame, inria and merit but don't seem to find anything of this nature. does
anyone has any idea where can i get hold of this?

thanks much for your kind assistance.

best regards,
Yip Chan Keong
SingAREN NOC
Singapore

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Bill Manning <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 07:27:29 -0700 (PDT)

> thanks much for your kind assistance.

We are working on an IPv6 rwhois server and I have heard some talk of
plans to port the ra suite (db & tools) to IPv6.

-- 
--bill

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:59:16 +0900

Hi, Yip Chan Keong

> that work is undergoing for this pc of software. any idea what is the status?

  KAME translator is still implementing, but I will put this code into
  kame-snap before the month is out, so wait a while to get translator.

  This translator can translate ipv6 <-> ipv4.  But there is address
  mapping problem when translate ipv4 -> ipv6, so if you want to
  connect ipv4 -> ipv6 this translator can do 1 to 1 translation only.

  You can set 1 to 1 address mapping pair into translator
  configuration, but you must know both ipv4 host address and ipv6
  host address.  This is quite annoying.  So, please wait until I
  implement its address mapping daemon that resolve this problem.

-- (fujisawa @ kame )