Subject: RE: draft-ietf-ipngwg-scopedaddr-format-00.txt

From: Brian Zill <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 06:36:05 -0800

> JINMEI, Tatuya <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Brian Zill <[email-masked]> said:
> > Do people think I should write up something on
> > this before the Thursday meeting?
> 
> I agree that API issues should be separately discussed (if we can find
> extra time slot), since they are not necessarility related to the
> textual representation itself but are very important.

I suspect that since ipng wg ran over yesterday and we needed to defer two
of those presentations until today, that there won't be any extra time to
discuss this during the wg meeting.  If we do, great, if we don't, maybe the
interested parties can get together for a hallway meeting or something.  The
issues here strike me as both too important and too far from consensus for
us to expect any resolution at this IETF, we'll probably need to discuss
this a lot more on the list.

There is a bit of overlap between the API issues and the format issues (such
as whether host names should resolve to an address with scope_id, or whether
the scope_ids can be applied "externally" to host names).  I'll be sure to
bring this up at the meeting :-)

--Brian
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------