Subject: Research Project porting Kame to Alpha

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 20:55:34 -0500

Please just reply to me.

As Kame becomes the code base for BSD I am exploring funding a project
to port Kame code base to Alpha.  If anyone is interested or knows of
someone or entity that would be interested please send me email. Most
likely it would be wise to start with Netbsd base to get to Kame, but
maybe not.

thanks
/jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 23:53:20 -0500

KAME works fine on NetBSD/alpha.

				- Bill

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 16:29:01 +0900

>likely it would be wise to start with Netbsd base to get to Kame, but

	Just FYI.
	KAME runs on any platform that is supported by NetBSD,
	therefore it runs on NetBSD/alpha as well.
	There are two ways to get KAME-on-alpha code:
	- install NetBSD 1.4.1 onto your alpha box, then replace the kernel
	  with the one built from KAME tree (get one from ftp.kame.net)
	- install NetBSD-current onto your alpha box.
	I have alpha box for testing and most of 64-bit alignment issues are
	already solved.  If you find any 64-bit alignment issues (or endian
	issues), please let us know.

itojun

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:30:35 -0500

thanks Itojun...this saves me some funding money I can use elsewhere for
IPv6.  

p.s. we are pulling your test suites over this week fyi from TAHI work.

thanks again,
/jim