Subject: Re: draft-ietf-ipngwg-scopedaddr-format-00.txt

From: David Borman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 23:54:36 -0600 (CST)

> From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: draft-ietf-ipngwg-scopedaddr-format-00.txt 
> Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 00:01:11 -0500
> ...
> I don't know one production application in the market using getaddrinfo
> for IPv4, it has not had its function tested by fire, and either has
> getipnodebyname but its closer to what has been tested.

You might be referring to 3rd party applications, but in BSD/OS 4.x,
ftp/ftpd, route, finger/fingerd, netstat, ifconfig and ping are all
using getaddrinfo() or getnameinfo().

		-David Borman, [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------