Subject: Re: draft-ietf-ipngwg-addrconf-privacy-01.txt

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 07:17:54 -0500

> This might be considered expectable as a temporary "Fix" as long
> as the user has the option.

"temporary fix" implies the proposed solution is not adequate
long-term. This assertion needs justification, if it's to be taken
seriously.

> Thomas Narten wrote:

> > Has been submitted. Early birds can find it at
> > ftp://ftp.cs.duke.edu/pub/narten/ietf/privacy.out.
> >
> > The major change is that it now calls for a node to have both public
> > and "anonymous" addresses simultaneously, and that anonymous addresses
> > apply to global scope prefixes only, not link-local or site-local. (It
> > would be trivial to make site-local addresses anonymous as well, but
> > it is not clear this is needed.)  In addition, addresses change
> > periodically (e.g., once a day) and not just when a machine
> > restarts. Rich Draves also helped out and is now a coauthor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 14:08:34 -0500

>   Possibly you have forgotten, but I have already posted in some
> detail along with several others the specifics with respect to your
> response here several weeks ago to this list.  You may wish to
> review the archives of this list for further details as to those posts
> in this respect.

I have read all the previous messages and do not know what specific
point(s) you are refering to. Please be specific.

Thomas

---

From: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 13:41:58 -0800

Thomas and all,

  Again, I already have in several previous posts.  Please review
more carefully.

Thank you for your cooperation in advance...

> point(s) you are refering to. Please be specific.

Regards,
--
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
E-Mail [email-masked]
Contact Number:  972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208

---

From: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 12:59:25 -0800

Thomas and all,

Regards,

---

From: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 13:15:24 -0800

Thomas and all,

  As I said in my previous post, those specific points are well covered
in my and others comments regarding this subject area.  Evidently
your very quick review missed some of those, based on your response
here.  Please do a  very careful review.  At present I don't have the
time to repeat myself and others presently.

  Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

Regards,