Subject: dynamic dns

From: "Christopher Balzereit" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:36:44 +0100

Hello IPng,

I apologize for the following (maybe stupid) question:

If an IPv6 host is allowed to autoconfigure its machine with an arbitrary Interface ID learnig the network prefixes
via ND-Router Advertisements, is there any mechanism foreseen to adjust the corresponding A6/AAAA-RR in the hosts NS (similar to DNS-Update in IPv4)?

Thanks in advance,

Christopher Balzereit.

#######################
Dr. Christopher Balzereit,
ExperTeach Gesellschaft für Netzwerkkompetenz mbH,
Waldstraße 92, 63128 Dietzenbach,
Tel.: 06074/858-918,
Email: [email-masked]
#######################
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 20:12:37 +1100

Date:        Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:36:44 +0100
    From:        "Christopher Balzereit" <[email-masked]>
    Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>

  | is there any mechanism foreseen to adjust the corresponding A6/AAAA-RR
  | in the hosts NS (similar to DNS-Update in IPv4)?

DNS-Update isn't in IPv4, it is in the DNS.   The DNS will run over
both IPv6 and IPv4 in essentially the same way.   DNS Update should
work just as well with IPv6 as it does with IPv4.

kre