Subject: TCPng

From: Hamayon Mujeeb <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 15:03:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

Is there any work being done in the working group on TCP for
IPv6 ?

Any RFCs or drafts on that ? 

Thanks
Hamayon 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 10:15:39 +0900

>Any RFCs or drafts on that ? 

	"TCP on IPv6" is just normal TCP, with pseudo header checksum
	computation revised.  RFC2460 section 8 talks about pseudo header
	checksum.

itojun

---

From: "Oh Chang Hyonsok" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 14:38:01 +0900

Then how about the Domain Name?
Is there any work being done on the improvement 
of the Domain Name for IPv6?

---

From: Vladislav Yasevich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 08:21:41 -0400

If you mean DNS, check out draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-lookups-08 for
IPv6 specific resource records.

-vlad

-- 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Vladislav Yasevich		Tel: (603) 884-1079
Compaq Computer Corp.		Fax: (435) 514-6884
110 Spit Brook Rd ZK03-3/T07
Nashua, NH 03062
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "David R. Conrad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 06:32:53 -0700

Or bindv9 for an implementation of supporting v6, A6 & DNAME

http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind9.html

Rgds,
-drc