Subject: (retry) rfc2553bis-00: nai_strerror() ?

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 13:26:54 +0200

I am resending the message attached below since I did not get any
answers so far. Is the question really so stupid?

/js

------- Start of forwarded message -------
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 09:46:09 +0200
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: rfc2553bis-00: nai_strerror() ?
Sender: [email-masked]
Precedence: bulk

I am sure this has been asked before. But anyway. After writing 
some code according to RFC 2553, I was wondering why there is no
nai_strerror() function which works similar to gai_strerror().

/js

- -- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder      Technical University Braunschweig
<[email-masked]>  Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Phone: +49 531 391 3289    Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Fax:   +49 531 391 5936    <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/>

- --------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
- --------------------------------------------------------------------
------- End of forwarded message -------

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 09:11:30 -0400

>nai_strerror() function which works similar to gai_strerror().

We don't need an nai_strerror.  We could put gai_sterror after
getnameinfo and have it apply to both set of EAI_xxx error code sets.

Comments.

p.s. This is not a stupid question.  

regards,
/jim