Subject: Global Prefixes in IPv6

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 21:49:53 -0400

Does anyone support the use of Global prefixes being used on more than
one link?  I beleive it is not permitted by our standards.  

Comments?

regards,
/jim
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Steve Deering <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 21:03:23 -0700

>one link?  I beleive it is not permitted by our standards.  

Jim,

I don't understand the question.  Are you talking about using the
same globally-unique subnet prefix on more than one link (which
is apparently what Scott thought you meant)?  Or different globally-
unique subnet prefixes for different links?  Or are you perhaps talking
about prefixes shorter than subnet prefixes?  Need more input.

Steve

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 00:49:39 -0400

steve,

the same globally unique prefix on multiple links.

/jim