Subject: IPv4 - IPv6 translation

From: "Yuval Shaul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 06:37:56 GMT

Does anybody know of anything (RFC, implementation, idea etc)about
converting IPv4 packets to IPv6 packets ?
This could be usefull for older stations (most currently working windows) 
that would like to connect to IPv6 only servers.
(Do such servers exist ?)

Yuval

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: 이상훈 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:36:52 +0900

I think you should read RFC2765.

---

From: ARIGA Seiji <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 02:37:33 +0900

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 06:37:56 GMT,
"Yuval Shaul" <[email-masked]> wrote,

: Does anybody know of anything (RFC, implementation, idea etc)about
: converting IPv4 packets to IPv6 packets ?

There are two implemented IPv4 - IPv6 translator using Socks.
# It doesn't actually 'convert' packets, thought.
You can find the patch for Socks5 server at KAME distribution.

And the following site will help you to use this translator
with IPv4 only applications.

http://www.socks.nec.com/translator.html
http://www.pds-flab.rwcp.or.jp/SOCKS64/

draft-ietf-ngtrans-socks-gateway-04.txt describes how this translator
woks.

// ARIGA Seiji