Subject: [rfc2553bis] EAI_NODATA

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 02:17:48 +0900

(This may have already been discussed. if so, I'd apologize in advance.)

I noticed that description about EAI_NODATA had disappeared since
draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2553bis-00.txt. However, the macro is still in
the summary list in the latest draft (01). Has the value been
obsoleted, or should it be described again?

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:09:36 -0500 (EST)

Jinmei,

Sorry for late response.  EAI_NODATA was replaced by EAI_AGAIN in XNS 5.2.
Also EAI_ADDRFAMILY is now EAI_FAMILY.

I will send last update to the id editors tonight and ask for last call.

The only changes from -01 to -02 were updates to IEEE references from
Andrew Golan at Sun and some edits.  Good catch I removed EAI_NODATA and
EAI_ADDRFAMILY.

thanks

/jim

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 16:26:52 +0900

>>>>> On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:09:36 -0500 (EST), 
>>>>> Jim Bound <[email-masked]> said:

> Andrew Golan at Sun and some edits.  Good catch I removed EAI_NODATA and

Thanks for the clarification, I'll adjust our implementation according
to the change.

					JINMEI, Tatuya