Subject: DNS Server

From: "Emanuel Moreira" <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 May 2001 18:33:29 -0000

I want to configure a DNS server in a IPv6 network and I want to make query's from my Windows 2000 host. How can I configure a route to the DNS Server in this host or is not like in IPv4?
Or else should the DNS send some advertisements to the hosts?
Thanks
Emanuel Moreira

_____________________________________________________________
O e-mail preferido dos portugueses http://www.portugalmail.pt
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "JIM FLEMING" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 14:29:05 -0500

AAAA Records in DNS

2002:<IPv4 RepliGate>:0000:<IPv8 Address>

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Emanuel Moreira
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 1:33 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: DNS Server

I want to configure a DNS server in a IPv6 network and I want to make
query's from my Windows 2000 host. How can I configure a route to the DNS
Server in this host or is not like in IPv4?
Or else should the DNS send some advertisements to the hosts?
Thanks
Emanuel Moreira