Subject: protocol translators

From: "Sean Lin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 22:32:50 +1200

Are there any other network address and protocol translator type of devices
out there apart from
- microsoft's NAPT
- the NAPT created at the University of Washington
- faithd
- BT's translator

 I have heard that NTT has a translator as well. Is this true?

Regards,
Sean

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 03:37:01 +0900

> I have heard that NTT has a translator as well. Is this true?

	as far as I understand, NTT is running YDC's "TTB" translator
	implementation for customers.  internally it is very similar to faithd
	(tcp relay).

	http://www.ydc.co.jp/	not sure if there's english webpage

itojun

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 03:39:45 +0900

>	implementation for customers.  internally it is very similar to faithd

	http://www.ydc.co.jp/IT/ip/TTB/index.html

itojun