Subject: Interim Meeting Parking Info/Directions

From: "Brian Zill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 11:59:59 -0700

[a slightly more detailed version]

The interim meeting is being held in the Adams meeting room, which is
located in a separate "Meeting Rooms" annex attached to Building 43 on
the Microsoft Campus.  This facility is located just northwest of the
intersection of 156th Avenue NE and NE 31st Street in Redmond,
Washington.  Note: this is *NOT* the Microsoft Research building which
is on the other side of the freeway.

If you're staying at the "Homestead Village", you're about a 10-15
minute walk away.  Otherwise, you will probably want to drive (you could
also walk form one of the three hotels on NE 29th Place, but that's
about a 30-45 minute walk).

We recommend that you park in the underground parking garage that lies
beneath Buildings 42 and 43.  The main entrance to the facility is off
NE 31st street, turn right as you come in the entrance to take the ramp
down into the garage.  There is also an entrance into the garage
reachable from the southbound lanes of 156th Ave; if you arrive via
State Route 520 (the freeway), take the NE 40th street exit and turn
right onto NE 40th, turn right again to go south on 156th Ave NE, this
entrance will then be on your right just before you reach NE 31st
street.

While there are a limited number of visitor parking spaces in the above
ground parking, we don't recommend that you use them.  If you do use
one, you must register your car with the receptionist in order to avoid
having it towed.  Instead, use any space in the garage that isn't
reserved for handicapped or car-pool use.  Parking is free.  The garage
is several levels deep, just continue down if you can't find an open
spot on the first level.

Once in the garage, you need to get back upstairs to the courtyard.
There are stairs at the north end of the garage that lead directly to
the courtyard outside the "Meeting Rooms".  You do not need a card key
to use these stairs.  Alternatively, you can use one of the elevator
banks marked "Visitor Elevator and Stairs" (the other elevator banks
require a card key to access, so use the visitor ones).  Take the
elevator to the first floor of the building, then exit the building into
the courtyard.  Walk to the north end of the courtyard to find the
"Meeting Rooms".  There are signs in various places around the facility
that direct you towards the "Meeting Rooms", when all else fails, follow
those signs.

--Brian

P.S.  For those interesting in doing a little ad-hoc interoperability
testing, we're tentatively planning to hold a session on Thursday
evening.  So bring a laptop with something to test if you want.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------