Subject: Re: Ad-hoc IPv6 inter-op session at London IETF

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 03:40:19 +0900

>>>>> On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 18:48:03 -0700, 
>>>>> "Brian Zill" <[email-masked]> said:

> At the recent ipng/ngtrans interim meeting in Redmond, we had an ad-hoc
> IPv6 inter-op session which was surprisingly well-attended given that we
> decided to do it at the last minute.  Some real testing was actually
> accomplished, and it was also a mildly fun social event.  I was
> wondering if anyone would be interested in doing this again?

(snip)

> I'm thinking Thursday night would be best since there is nothing on the
> official agenda and we should all still be around since Friday morning
> is the second ipngwg session.  Other suggestions welcome.

I'm interested in how implementations respond to Neighbor Solicitation
messages on a p2p link, with or without source link-layer address
options, in order to know the current situation about the
interoperability issue described in Section 3 of
draft-ietf-ipngwg-p2p-pingpong-00.txt.

We can easily test this if the implementation supports configured
tunnels (which is highly likely), and we'll need no additional subnets
for the test.  In terms of the motivation above, I wish to do the test
for router implementations, and would like router vendors to join the
event if they can set a tunnel to their labs.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------