Subject: USAGI & talk

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:37:12 +0200

talk is the best example of a broken application protocol I know:
 - first version sent Vax structures as it
 - second version sent sockaddr structure with network endianess
So I support Itojun, please use a text representation of addresses,
not a binary internal stuff!

Regards

[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ignatios Souvatzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:44:19 +0200

> not a binary internal stuff!

Reminds me I've wanted to write up a next generation talk protocol document
with less explicit addresses, and that actually uses the lenght provided,
for a long long time.

Regards,
	-is