Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-roesler-ipngwg-ipngls-00.txt

From: Rajesh Ramankutty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:13:53 -0400

Hi,

The idea of carrying MPLS labels in IPv6 packet destination options is
already patented by us in 3Com.
We also compiled a ietf-draft in June, but delayed to send out. 
Attached below is the draft.

Thanks,
	-rajesh

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 6:14 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-roesler-ipngwg-ipngls-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: IPNGLS - IP Next Generation Label Switching
	Author(s)	: V. Roesler et al.
	Filename	: draft-roesler-ipngwg-ipngls-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 29-Aug-01
	
This document proposes the forwarding of IPv6 packets using label
switching techniques, with the same advantages of the Multiprotocol
Label Switching (MPLS) architecture. The document proposes the
mapping of all MPLS header fields into the IPv6 header, raising
several advantages like the simplicity of the model, the decrease of
overhead, and others. This mapping was called IP Next Generation
Label Switching, or just IPngLS, and can work concurrently with
MPLS, i.e. IPv6 packets are forwarded with IPngLS and IPv4 packets
are forwarded with MPLS.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roesler-ipngwg-ipngls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-roesler-ipngwg-ipngls-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-roesler-ipngwg-ipngls-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.