Subject: Re: Neighbor Solicitation over IPv6-overIPv4 Tunnel

From: "Bhuvaneshwar hn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 21:32:28 -0600

No. 
If an implementation provides bidirectional tunneling the only requirement is that it MUST at least eccept and respond to  the probe packets used by Neighbor Unreachability detection.
 
Ref section 3.8 of RFC2893.

>>> "HIROKI ISHIBASHI" <[email-masked]> 08/31/01 08:12AM >>>
Hi,

On  IPv6-over-IPv4 (IPv6-over-IPv6) Tunnels, is it required to 
send Neighbor Advertisement Messages in response to 
Neighbor Solicitation Messages sent by the other end?  
I am a little confused about this. 

Thank you

Hiroki Ishibashi
[email-masked] 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng 
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng 
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked] 
--------------------------------------------------------------------