Subject: [LUUG Publicity] 6-9 Aug, IETF and ISOC talks at UCL

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 20:33:06 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I've not seen this on the ipng list, and it may be of general interest to
many of you in London this week.  Note Bob Fink is talking about IPv6 on 
the Thursday, which is otherwise an IPv6-less day.

There's also a talk by Ted Ts'o at UCL at 6.30pm on Thursday on Linux,
a talk organised jointly with ISOC.

UCL is four tube stops east from the IETF hotel on the circle line.

Tim

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 13:09:41 +0100
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [LUUG Publicity] 6-9 Aug, IETF lunchtime talks at UCL.  18:20,
     9 Aug: Ted Ts'o

Taking advantage of the IETF meeting in London this week,
UCL (Prof Jon Crowcroft, et al) are staging a series of lunchtime
talks (12.00 to 13.30).
See http://www.ukuug.org/events/IETF-UCL_Aug2001.shtml for a summary.

Monday, 6 August
	Scott Bradner, Harvard Univ - Internet Standards RFC 2026 etc
	Geoff Huston, Telstra - Internet Routing and End to End

Tuesday, 7 August
	Fred Baker, Cisco Systems - Quality of Service

Wednesday, 8 August
	Barbara Fraser, Cisco - Security
	Mark Green, CacheFlow Inc. - Content Networking

Thursday, 9 August
	Marco Carugi, Voila/France Telecom - Virtual Private Networks
	Bob Fink, NASA - IPv6

Up-to-the-minute information will be maintained at: 
http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/ietf/talks.html.

They ask that you REGISTER so that they have an idea of numbers.

--

Details of UKUUG's Thursday evening event --Ted Ts'o on Linux 
(this replaces Tim O'Reilly) -- can be found at
http://www.ukuug.org/events/TYT_20010809.shtml .
Door open 18:00, starts 18:30.
-- 

--Charles

_______________________________________________
LUUG-publicity mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ourshack.com/mailman/listinfo/luug-publicity

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------