Subject: Neighbor Solicitation over IPv6-overIPv4 Tunnel

From: "HIROKI ISHIBASHI" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 11:42:49 +0900

Hi,

On  IPv6-over-IPv4 (IPv6-over-IPv6) Tunnels, is it required to 
send Neighbor Advertisement Messages in response to 
Neighbor Solicitation Messages sent by the other end?  
I am a little confused about this. 

Thank you

Hiroki Ishibashi
[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:52:15 +0900

>I am a little confused about this. 

	since there's no real link-layer address, and there's only one guy
	at the other end, there is no need to resolve link-layer address
	via NS/NA exchange.  packet can go out without waiting for link-layer
	address resolution.

	however, NS/NA for NUD (neighbor unreachability detection) will be
	exchanged.  need to check RFC for MUST/SHOULD/MAY for this.

itojun