Subject: Ad-hoc IPv6 inter-op session at London IETF -- Thursday 7:30 PM

From: "Brian Zill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 09:16:33 -0700

We'll be having this fun little inter-op session Thursday evening.  Meet
at the entrance to the Terminal Room at 7:30 PM.  Bring an
implementation and any extra CAT-5 cables, hubs, routers, whatever you
have handy.  We may just end up using the terminal room network if we
don't have any extra connectivity equipment.

All are welcome.  You don't need to be an implementer, just have an
implementation you want to play with.  So if you have any questions to
ask the implementers of your favorite implementation, this is probably a
good chance to do that.  Looks like we'll have representatives from
several different implementations present.

--Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Zill [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 02:48
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Ad-hoc IPv6 inter-op session at London IETF

At the recent ipng/ngtrans interim meeting in Redmond, we had an ad-hoc
IPv6 inter-op session which was surprisingly well-attended given that we
decided to do it at the last minute.  Some real testing was actually
accomplished, and it was also a mildly fun social event.  I was
wondering if anyone would be interested in doing this again?

Format would be similar to the last time - bring your favorite
implementation and/or application/service you want to try out and we'll
plug them all together and see what happens.  This would be completely
informal - we'd just find some quiet corner or noisy bar somewhere in
the hotel to set up.  If we wanted to test some routing stuff we'd need
to set up our own little subnets like last time, otherwise we could just
use the BT-supplied IPv6 connectivity.  Unfortunately, since it's a
little farther back to my lab than last time, I won't be able to bring
such a large supply of hubs and cabling.  So if we want our own private
media, we'll have to all bring a few pieces along with us.

I'm thinking Thursday night would be best since there is nothing on the
official agenda and we should all still be around since Friday morning
is the second ipngwg session.  Other suggestions welcome.

Drop me a line if you're interested and we can work out the details.
--Brian
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------