Subject: Re: Regarding IPV6_RECVPKTINFO.

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2001 08:44:25 +0900

>>>>> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:19:57 +0530, 
>>>>> "Anil Kumar Reddy. S" <[email-masked]> said:

>     Can anybody please help me in finding out a solution to my problem
>     related to IPV6_RECVPKTINFO.

>     I am setting IPV6_RECVPKTINFO and when I do a recvmsg ( ),
>     it is returning MSG_CTRUNC in the 'flags' parameter. That means
>     I am not giving enough buffer to return the ancillary data.

>     My question is ... how much should I set the buffer space ?? I am doing
>     recvmsg ( ) in the following way :

CMSG_SPACE(sizeof(struct in6_pktinfo)) should be enough.  Are you sure
that you did not specify any other options than IPV6_RECVPKTINFO?

(BTW: I'm not sure what CMSG_SPACE(sizeof(struct in6_addr)) means.
What is your intention to include this?)

Another minor point:

                if (cmptr->cmsg_level == IPPROTO_IPV6 &&
                        cmptr->cmsg_type == IPV6_RECVPKTINFO) {
                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IPV6_RECVPKTINFO should be IPV6_PKTINFO.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------