Subject: Microsoft Windows 2000 IPv6 implementation

From: "Tammy Leino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 11:19:32 -0500

Has anyone used the Win 2000 implementation of IPv6?  I am using it (and a BSD machine) to test against my embedded implementation of IPv6, and I am getting strange behavior from the Win 2000 machine.  For example, it does not respond to my Neighbor Solicitations, but it accepts my Neighbor Advertisements in response to its Neighbor Solicitations, and every so often it sends a flood of Router Advertisements.

If you have used it and noticed the same problems (or other problems), do you know of any work-arounds?

Thank you for any feedback.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tammy Leino
Software Engineer
Accelerated Technology, Inc.
720 Oak Circle Drive E., Mobile, AL  36609
(251) 661-5770v  (251) 661-5788f  (800) GOT-NUKE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nucleus.  All You NEED in an RTOS.  Royalty Free."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: "Richard Draves" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:03:24 -0700

First, [email-masked] is a better place for
questions about the Microsoft implementation.
 
We haven't received any other reports like this. Most likely your
Neighbor Solicitations are malformed in some subtle way. I don't
understand the "flood of Router Advertisements" - the Win2k machine
won't even send RAs unless you've configured it to be a router.
 
Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: Tammy Leino [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 9:20 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Microsoft Windows 2000 IPv6 implementation

Has anyone used the Win 2000 implementation of IPv6?  I am using it (and
a BSD machine) to test against my embedded implementation of IPv6, and I
am getting strange behavior from the Win 2000 machine.  For example, it
does not respond to my Neighbor Solicitations, but it accepts my
Neighbor Advertisements in response to its Neighbor Solicitations, and
every so often it sends a flood of Router Advertisements.
 
If you have used it and noticed the same problems (or other problems),
do you know of any work-arounds?