Subject: draft-ietf-ipngwg-uni-based-mcast-02.txt comments

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 13:27:24 -0400

Hi,
  reading the draft-ietf-ipngwg-uni-based-mcast-02.txt, it would be very 
useful to have one or two address examples to help the reader make sure he 
understood right.

Also think that the prefix length field should be more explained (i.e. the 
length is encoded in binary: i.e. /48 would have a plen value of 0x30).

Also think that it should be clearly stated that all non significant bits 
in the prefix should be 0.

Suggestion: A small example with a site network prefix (3ffe:ffff:1::/48), 
including a site-local scope and random group id would be useful. I made 
one in non-compressed format for myself (with a head-based random 
generator...;-)) to make sure I understood the draft: 
ff35:0030:3ffe:ffff:0001:0000:6f3b:1148.  Tell me if I understood well!

Regards, Marc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------