Subject: draft-haberman-ipngwg-auto-prefix-01.txt

From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:42:14 +0900

a couple of questions regarding to draft-haberman-ipngwg-auto-prefix-01.

itojun

1. response type against renew request
consider the following transaction.  what will be the message type for the
reply against renew request?

	reqestor -> delegator (multicast):
		icmp6 type = prefix request, icmp6 code = delegator query (0)
	delegator -> requestor:
		icmp6 type = prefix reply, icmp6 code = prefix delegator (0)
	requestor -> delegator:
		icmp6 type = prefix request, icmp6 code = initial request (1)
	delegator -> requestor:
		icmp6 type = prefix reply, icmp6 code = prefix delegated (4)
	(lifetime passes)
	requestor -> delegator:
		icmp6 type = prefix request, icmp6 code = renewal request (2)
	delegator -> requestor:
		icmp6 type = prefix reply, icmp6 code = ????

2. authorization faiulure
how does authorization fail when the protocol does not provide any
authentication mechansisms?  does it assume any ipsec assumptions, like
"ipsec AH failure is visible to delegator daemon, and delegator can
request AH"?

3. state machine
apparently state machine has to be maintained by the implementation of the
protocol.  if there is a diagram of state machine (to understand what are the
expected messages and what are not) it would help us understand the protocol
much.  maybe it is too much to ask.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------