Subject: FreeBSD_4.4 + ipfilter_3.4.20 + IPv6 = headache...

From: "Oliver, Michael W." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 12:12:48 -0400

I realize that this may be somewhat off topic, but please hear me out.  I
have been spending the past few days trying to build a FreeBSD 4.4 STABLE
firewall, using the included ipfilter 3.4.20 port, that supports IPv6
filtering.  I have been completely unsuccessful up to now.  I have also
bypassed the port and downloaded 3.4.20 from ftp://coombs.anu.edu.au/ and,
following the instructions from a Zama pdf
(ftp://www.zamanetworks.com/pub/knowledgebase/techdocs/Implementing%20an%20I
Pv6%20and%20IPv4%20IPF%20firewall%20on%20FreeBSD%204.2.pdf), tried to
compile.  Now, I know that the Zama pdf instructions are for ipfilter
3.4.16, but that version isn't available anymore.  Anyway, the patch fails
when I try to apply it....  <sigh>

Has anyone tried this setup yet?  I have posted this to the FreeBSD
newsgroups, but I figured that I would send it here also since this may be
too 'out there' for the newsgroups.  Thanks in advance!

 --------------- 
|* * * *|~~~~~~~|
| * * * |~~~~~~~| Michael Oliver, CCNP  [email-masked]
|* * * *|~~~~~~~|
|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|            http://michael.gargantuan.com/
|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|      God bless America and all of her patriots.
|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
 ---------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------