Subject: Quick comments on draft-wasserman-3gpp-advice-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:53:11 +0200

Hi all,

I have some very general comments on the document.  They are mostly
editorial / layout type of comments.

It seems that there are 3 main recommendations made in the document:

         1. Specify that multiple prefixes may be assigned to each
            primary PDP context,

         2. Require that a given prefix must not be assigned to more
            than one primary PDP context, and

         3. Allow 3GPP nodes to use multiple identifiers within those
            prefixes, including randomly generated identifiers.

It might be useful for each recommendation to have some subsections such
as:

 - Pros

 - Cons

 - Impact upon architecture / implementation

I think that by more clearly listing what advantages & disadvantages 
the recommendations bring, it will be easier to address the recommendations
(no pun intended).  The 3rd bullet (Impact ...) is a purely practical
point - as some service providers / manufacturers may be dis-inclined
to support the changes unless they are relatively modest. Additionally,
if the changes are minor, it might be possible for service providers
to update their networks ...

I do think you have most all of the text currently in the document,
but a slight reformating would help to bring out the issues.

best regards,
John
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------