Subject: a comment on draft-droms-dnsconfig-dhcpv6-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:19:50 +0900

a comment on draft-droms-dnsconfig-dhcpv6-00.txt.

	quoting section 3:

>   1.  Multicast a DHCPv6 Inform message to a well-known multicast
>       address requesting DNS configuration information, including:
>       *  IPv6 addresses of DNS server(s)
>       *  Domain name
>       *  Domain search list (domain names to search during name
>          resolution)
>   2.  Wait for the corresponding DHCPv6 Reply message.

	Here the use of "DHCPv6 Inform message" is discussed.  However, such a
	message type has never been defined in DHCPv6 specs (I've checked
	from draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-11.txt to 20).

itojun
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 22:27:01 -0500 (EST)

The Inform message is defined in the -21 rev of the DHCPv6 spec, which was
submitted before the publication deadline last week but has not yet been
published at www.ietf.org.  You can get a copy from www.dhcp.org now...

- Ralph