Subject: RE:

From: Jung Cyndi-ACJ099 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:51:10 -0600

You can have two (or more) areas belonging to one site.  You could also
serve an entire site with a single area, if it is not too large.

You can't have one IS-IS system span beyond a site boundary, since the
site-local addresses would not be guaranteed unique.  You could certainly 
have multiple IS-IS systems within the boundary of a single site, with
some sort of routing between them - static would work, RIPng, and even
BGP (are site-local prefixes allowed in BGP?)

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: aridaman kaushik [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 8:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 

hi all,
     I have a doubt regarding site concept in ipv6. We are implementing isis for ipv6.

1. can we map area to one site.
2. is it possible to have two areas belongs to one site.
thanks in advance 
ari 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 15:47:53 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

=> (about last point) site-local prefixes are allowed in BGP NLRIs
if they are not exported outside the site (so be really careful, i.e.
this is *not* recommended).
Site-local addresses are allowed for next-hops if all iBGP speakers
are in the site and :
 - or eBGP peers are in the site too (a strange site, isn't it? :-)
 - or self-next-hop feature is used in order to hide addresses of
   eBGP peers.
Note that in the last case the eBGP address/next-hop is very local
(my main concern about draft-kato-bgp-ipv6-link-local-00.txt is
there is no explanation about the self-next-hop feature) and
the global/link-local issue for next-hops reversed.

Regards

[email-masked]