Subject: Final CFP for IPDPS-2002 Workshop, DEADLINE 10th November 2001

From: Kwan-Wu Chin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 08:14:43 +1100 (EST)

Dear Collegues,
 
  Sorry if you received multiple copies of this
CFP.

  Note that the deadline has been extended to the
10th of November.

Best Regards,
Kwan-Wu

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

  FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
  2nd   International Workshop on
  Parallel and Distributed Computing Issues in Wireless Networks and
  Mobile Computing
  IPDPS 2002 WORKSHOPS
  Ft. Lauderdale Marina Marriott April 15-19, 2002

        ***DEADLINE : NOVEMBER 10, 2001***

**************************************************************************

  Program  Co-Chairs
  Mohan Kumar, The University of Texas at Arlington, USA
  C S Raghavandra, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
  *********************************************************
  GENERAL CHAIR
  Sajal K Das, The University of Texas at Arlington, USA
  -----------------------------------------------------------
  Publicity Co-Chairs
  Kwan-Wu Chin, Motorola, Sydney, Australia
  Sotiris Nikoletseas, Computer Technology Institute, Patras, Greece
  ===================================================

  Mobile computing has emerged as an important area of computing today as
  we move to the next millennium. This has been made possible due to the
  tremendous and continued growth of wireless communications and network
  technology over the past decade, providing infrastructures for "anytime
  anywhere" access to distributed computing systems and information
  repositories. The mobility of users offers new challenges to seamless
  connectivity in a distributed, heterogeneous network of wireline and
  wireless components.  Several techniques and algorithms developed by the
  parallel and distributed computing community can be applied to solve
  typical wireless networks and mobile computing: routing, scheduling,
  load balancing, cache coherence, information access, and QoS
  provisioning problems. The objective of this workshop is to bring
  together technologists and researchers of international reputation in
  the areas of Parallel and Distributed Computing and Wireless Networks
  and Mobile Computing in order to have a forum for discussions, exchange
  of ideas and presentations.
  Authors are invited to submit original unpublished manuscripts for this
  workshop. Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings (by IEEE
  CS Press) of the IPDPS workshops.

Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
  * Processor Architectures for Mobile and Wearable Computers
  * Wireless networks in grid computing applications
  * Algorithms
  * Routing in ad hoc networks
  * Parallel and distributed techniques for solving problems in mobile
    computing
  * Distributed techniques for QoS Provisioning in wireless networks
  * Distributed caches in mobile computing environments
  * Caching, prefetching, pushcaching and replication to enhance
    information access in wireless networks
  * Distributed wireless sensor networks
  * Routing and location independent information access
  * Scheduling issues in mobile computing
  * Parallel/distributed algorithms for mobile computing systems
  * Distributed wireless multimedia systems
  * Active Networks

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
  Authors are invited to submit summaries of original unpublished research
  to one of the Workshop Chairs. All submissions will be reviewed by
  referees. Summaries should not exceed ten  (10) single-spaced pages of
  text using 12-point size type on 8.5 x 11 inch pages. References,
  figures, tables, etc., may be included in addition to the ten pages of
  text. The summary should include an abstract of approximately 100
  words.  The corresponding author is requested to include in a cover
  letter: (1) complete postal address; (2) email address; and (3)
  Phone/fax numbers. Submissions may be by hard copy or by email.
  Electronic submissions are preferred and should be sent to
  [email-masked] or [email-masked]. Authors should submit the
  cover page in ASCII form followed by a PostScript (level 2) file and
  make sure that it will print on a PostScript printer that uses 8.5 x 11
  inch (US letter size) paper.

IMPORTANT DATES:
  November 10, 2001        Workshop Paper Due
  December 10, 2001        Notification of Acceptance/Rejection
  January 15, 2002         Camera-Ready Paper Due
  URLs: http://www.ipdps.org
  http://ranger.uta.edu/~kumar/ipdpswpim.html
  *********************************************************

  For hard copy submissions, authors should submit seven (7) hard copies
  of their paper along with the cover letter to Mohan Kumar  or C S
  Raghavendra
  All manuscripts will be reviewed.  Manuscripts   must be received by
  November 10, 2001.  Submissions received after the due date or exceeding
  the length    limit may not be    considered. Notification of review
  decisions will be e-mailed by December 10, 2001. Camera-ready papers are
  due January 15, 2002.  Proceedings will be available at the Conference.
  Workshop Program Co-Chairs

  Mohan Kumar
  Department of Computer Science and Engineering
  The University of Texas at Arlington
  Box 19015
  Arlington, TX 76019-0015
  Tel: 817-272-3610; Fax: 817-272-3784
  E-mail: [email-masked]

  and

  C S Raghavendra
  Department of Electrical Engineering-Systems
  University of Southern California
  Los Angeles, CA 90089-2562
  Tel: (213) 740-9133
  Fax: (213) 740-4418
  Email: [email-masked]

  ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  Technical Program Committee
  ============================
  Stefano Basagni, The University of Texas at Dallas, USA
  Brahim Bensaou, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
  Maurizio Bonuccelli, University of Pisa, Italy
  Azzedine Boukerche, University of North Texas, USA
  Luca Cardelli, Microsoft Research, Cambridge, UK
  Kee Chaing Chua, National University of Singapore
  Marco Conti, Italian National Research Council, Italy
  Samir Das, University of Cincinatti, USA
  John Heidemann, USC/ISI, USA
  Ahmed Helmy, University of Southern California, USA
  Muhammad Jaseemuddin, Nortel Networks, USA
  Sirisha Medidi, Washington State University, USA
  Cristina Pinotti, University of  Trento, Italy
  Paul Spirakis, Computer Technology Institute, Patras, Greece
  Mani Srivastava, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
  Martha Steenstrup, BBN Technologies, USA
  Mukesh Singhal, Ohio State University, USA
  Nitin Vaidya, Texas A&M University, USA
  Hee Yong Youn, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea
  Gergley Zaruba, The University of Texas at Arlington, USA
  Albert Zomaya, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
  =================================================
  Steering Committee
  --------------------------------------
  Victor Bahl, Microsoft, Seattle, USA
  Kalyan Basu, Yotta Networks, Richardson, USA
  Andrew Campbell, Columbia University, USA
  Imrich Chlamtac, The University of Texas at Dallas
  Sajal Das, The University of Texas at Arlington, USA
  -----------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------