Subject: New Draft on Security Threats to Multi-access IPv6 Networks

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:47:15 -0800

Erik Nordmark and I have co-authored a draft on security threats to
public multi-access IPv6 networks, like, for example, a wired or
wireless public access Ethernet. The draft describes a collection of
threats and what mechanisms in RFCs 2461 and 2462 the threats attack,
but does not specify any solutions. In addition, the draft does not
discuss authentication and authorization issues. The name of the draft
is draft-kempf-ipng-netaccess-threats-00.txt, and should appear in the
drafts directory shortly. We would like to solicit some discussion on
the threats, including any new ones that people come up with, and,
hopefully, ultimately come up with some solutions once the scope of the
problem is well enough understood.

                        jak

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------