Subject: address autoconfiguration

From: Nemeth Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:09:04 +0100 (MET)

Dear IPNGWG Members!

My name is Daniel Nemeth, and I'm a student at Budapest University of
Technology and Economics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and
Informatics. The subject of my Project Laboratory is examination of IP
micromobility protocols. At the moment I've got some questions related to
this topic, and I hope some of you can help me.

The first thing I'd like to ask: where can I find any doucumentation of
IPv6 Stateful Address Autoconfiguration (I'm thinking about something
like RFC 2462 for the stateless autoconf.).

The other thing: where can I find statistics, mesurement results about
address autoconfiguration methods (I'm interested in both of stateless and
stateful methods), I mean how much time does it take to get an address
using these methods (with some variable parameters of the tested network).

I hope that you can help me in the above things. I'm waiting for your
answers.

Yours sincerely,
		Daniel Nemeth

____________________________________________________________________________

  Nemeth Daniel                     9030 Gyor, Dinnyes u. 26. T:96/332-233
  [email-masked]                            SCH 1106 T:1/372-51-00/1106
____________________________________________________________________________

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Dave Marquardt <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Nov 2001 09:41:22 -0600

"Daniel" == Nemeth Daniel <[email-masked]> writes:
Daniel> The first thing I'd like to ask: where can I find any
Daniel> doucumentation of IPv6 Stateful Address Autoconfiguration (I'm
Daniel> thinking about something like RFC 2462 for the stateless
Daniel> autoconf.).

You might be interested in DHCPv6.  Try the DHCPv6 Internet Draft.
One location is

<URL:http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-20.txt>
-- 
Dave Marquardt
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Austin, TX
+1 512 401-1077

---

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:42:32 +0100

> You might be interested in DHCPv6.  Try the DHCPv6 Internet Draft.

This is outdated! The newest version is -21.

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 06:00:23 -0500

Until the -21 version is published at ftp.ietf.org, you can get the latest 
DHCPv6 draft at www.dhcp.org

- Ralph Droms