Subject: IPv6 MIBs

From: "Kristine Adamson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:42:50 -0500

We are looking into implementing the draft IPv6 MIBs in the near future and
wondered about the current state of the drafts
   - I noticed that there is no current Compliance statement
   (ipv6Compliance??) in draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2011-update-00.txt.  Will
   this be updated soon?
   - On the IPv6 MIB Design Team site, it appears that the
   draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2012-update-00.txt and
   draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2013-update-00.txt drafts have been
     updated to remove some of the IP address type MIB objects (e.g.
   tcpConnectionRemAddrType).  Is this going to be applied to any of the
   other MIB
      drafts?

I also had a question about the InetAddressType TC  in
draft-ietf-ops-rfc2851-update-05.txt.  If I want to represent a global
IPv4-mapped IPv6 address with this textual convention, do I use a value of
ipv4(1) and set the corresponding InetAddress object to the IPv4 portion of
the IPv4-mapped address?

Thanks,

Kristine Adamson
IBM Communications Server for MVS: TCP/IP Development
Internet e-mail:[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------