Subject: tcpdump ipv6 tcp traffic with routing header can't see ack window

From: "jmc_cs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 13:12:21 +0800

Hi all:
    I have a problem about tcpdump on Linux IPv6 TCP traffic.

I have dumped tcp traffic log at on computer, and I want to trace the ack
window.
I dumped the traffic with the command:
#> tcpdump -n -w log1

And I parsed it to make the log1 readable by do :
#>tcpdump -n -r log1 > log1.dat

In log1.dat, I can see packets' information.
The general packets are ok to see the ack window, for example:
13:53:36.392395 3002:1:1:4::6.1042 > 3000:1:1:1:202:2dff:fe22:de1c.5001:
.1:1313(1312) ack 1 win 5760

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
13:53:36.401866 3000:1:1:1:202:2dff:fe22:de1c.5001 > 3002:1:1:4::6.1042:
.ack 1313 win 7872

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
But when the packets are with a routing header, I can't see the ack win
info.
All I see is "srcrt(len=***********[|tcp|])" as below:

13:53:55.688766 3002:1:1:4::6 > 3000:1:1:5:202:2dff:fe22:de1c: srcrt
(len=2,type=0, segleft=1, [0]3000:1:1:1:202:2dff:fe22:de1c) 1042 > 5001:
[|tcp]

^^^^^
^^^^^
13:53:55.701903 3000:1:1:1:202:2dff:fe22:de1c > 3002:1:1:4::6: DSTOPT 5001
>1042: [|tcp]

^^^^
How can I exactly see the TCP information?
Can anyone please tell me that how can I see the packets' ack win that is
with routing headers?????

Thanks~~~~~~~

jmc

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------