Subject: RE: Request for Agenda Items for IETF 54 IPv6 Sessions

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 09:07:14 -0700

Francis,

=> Francis Dupont wrote:
=> I strongly encourage items about prefix delegation for
=> home sites because these are *urgent* for IPv6 deployment.

I must have missed something. Can you develop this / post links?

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 18:17:47 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

   => Francis Dupont wrote:

=> today ISP which manages an IPv6 dialup service (i.e., its customers
run "home sites") should allocate a /48 per connection but there is
no available protocol to do this. It seems the only way is static
delegation/configuration and this is very heavy and not scalable at all.
So if you believe the "home site" case is important for IPv6 deployment,
we have to solve many problems and the prefix delegation is the first one
(and as this is a problem for both the ISP and its customers, its value/cost
doubles :-).

Regards

[email-masked]

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:30:13 -0400

Francis,
     I agree that prefix delegation is important for the home sites.
Unfortunately, I will not be at IETF 54 to discuss my prefix delegation
work.  If it becomes an agenda item, I will see about getting someone
to participate for me.

Regards,
Brian

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 19:09:58 +0200

=> we had already the same problem for the extended RA solution.
IMHO all ready proposals have to be defended even if the author is
not available. The only really needed thing is a good minute taker,
nobody else should be indispensable (:-)...
So please ask for a slot and let the chairs to find some people to
participate for you.

Thanks