Subject: Link Local address.

From: Merchant Rizwan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 00:32:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Friends,

I am new to IPv6 and while reading through RFC 2373
found that "Link-Local Address" are mandatory for IPv6
host and routers. Can any one give me some information
why is it mandatory to have a link local address in
addition to "Assigned Unicast Addresses" for an
interface.

Thanking you in advance.
Best Regards.
Rizwan Merchant.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------