Subject: RE: Fwd: IPv6 Scoped Addresses and Routing Protocols

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:26:45 -0700

Brian,

> And if you want to use AS numbers, just remember that a 64 bit
> AS number will not fit inside 37 bits.

I don't think this is a good argument. Today, the AS number is 16 bits.
Tomorrow, it will be 32, which is 4 Billion AS numbers. 37 bits would be
128  Billion AS numbers, probably more than we need.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 17:28:05 -0400

Oops.  My mistake.

Brian