Subject: Re: Zone clarification

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 18:01:29 +0900

>>>>> On 22 May 2002 17:59:03 -0000, 
>>>>> "kumaravel " <[email-masked]> said:

I believe draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-v3-02.txt and
draft-ietf-ipngwg-scoping-arch-03.txt can give you the answer to all
the questions.  But roughly speaking,

> I am new to IPv6. Forgive me if my query is too naive.
> Is there any zone concept in IPv6 Addressing Architecture??

Yes.  See the scoping-arch draft.

> Can a packet with link local address as source address traverse 
> beyond link. ( Would the router in that link drop the packet??)

The router will drop the packet and send an icmpv6 error to the
sender.  See the icmp draft.

> Is there any difference between organisation local address and 
> site local address? (Or is there any organisation local address 
> defined in IPv6... or it is implementor's specific??)

Yes.  Organization-local is (conceptually) a larger scope than
site-local.  See the scoping-arch draft.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------