Subject: draft-ietf-ipv6-dns-discovery-05.txt

From: "BELOEIL Luc FTRD/DMI/CAE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:44:19 +0200

Hi all, 

I think that the idea is bright because simple but I have still a couple
of questions on section 5.2 even if it's only an example:

1/ Site borders in section 5.2
I do not think that multi-sited routers are a good idea for customers'
CPE . Because one of the interface belongs to a customer device, I do
not think that ISP will be able (allowed) to manage that interface.
Moreover ISP may not want its customers to be able to access its
internal site-scoped services.  So CPE should not be part of ISP site,
but if the ISP defines a special site for customers accesses. Anyway, I
know that is a deployment issue...

2/ multi-sited CPE configuration
Here I consider I've solved issue 1/. The CPE must be able to manage
address scopes like described in draft-ietf-ipngwg-scoping-arch-04.txt.
Does anyone know a DNS resolver implementation that can deal with
addresses scopes? My purpose is to solve following issue :
 Customer client --- DNS query to fec0:0:0:ffff::1 --> Customer CPE (DNS
resolver) -- DNS query forwarded to fec0:0:0:ffff::1 --> ISP DNS
resolver

Luc

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------