Subject: RE: Site Locals and the DFZ

From: "Glenn Morrow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:21:46 -0500

Michel,

While I definitely agree with the statement, "If there is a place where you
would find disparate routing policies, that is the DFZ.", I'm not sure if
this should be used to conclude that there is no use of thinking of the DFZ
as some sort of logical site with a site local address space. 

Glenn

---

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 17:26:47 -0700

Glenn,

> While I definitely agree with the statement, "If there is a place
> where you would find disparate routing policies, that is the DFZ.",
> I'm not sure if this should be used to conclude that there is no
> use of thinking of the DFZ as some sort of logical site with a site
> local address space. 

I don't see how. First, a site to me is under one administration, which
is not the case of the DFZ. Second, having site local addresses in the
DFZ would make troubleshooting difficult.

Michel

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------