Subject: Draft Agenda for Yokohama IETF IPv6 W.G. Sessions

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 14:24:24 -0700

Attached is the draft agenda for the IPv6 sessions at the Yokohama 
IETF.  In putting together the agenda we gave priority to items that are 
urgent for IPv6 deployment, completing current work, longer term w.g. 
goals, new individual submissions, and last to status reports.  It was not 
possible to honor all requests for agenda items.  Suggest that these topics 
be brought to the mailing list.

Please send comments and corrections to the w.g. chairs.

Thanks,

Bob Hinden, Steve Deering, Margaret Wasserman
IPv6 chairs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Internet Protocol version 6 WG (ipv6)

Thursday, July 18th, 0900-1130 & 1300-1500 (Room 301/302)
=========================================================

CHAIRS:  Steve Deering <[email-masked]>
          Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
          Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>	

AGENDA:

Morning Session 0900-1130 (Room 301/302)
========================================

Introduction & Agenda Bashing (5 min)

Priorities and Status -- Bob Hinden (30 min)
	- Presentation of current priorities and status
	- Discussion of WG priorities moving forward

Prefix Delegation Requirements -- Shin Miyakawa (15 min)
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-miyakawa-ipv6-prefix-delegation-requirement-00.txt>

IPv6 MIBs Status and Open Issues -- Margaret Wasserman (10 min)
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2096-update-00.txt>
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2011-update-00.txt>
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2012-update-00.txt>
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2013-update-00.txt>

IPv6 Node Requirements -- John Loughney (20 min)
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-node-requirements-01.txt>

DAD vs. DIID Discussion -- Chairs (20 min)
	- Including DAD-related changes, if any, required to:
	<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3041.txt>
	<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2462.txt>
	<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3-08.txt>

Addressing Architecture Open Issues -- Bob Hinden (10 min)
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3-08.txt>

DNS Discovery Status and Next Steps -- Chairs and Erik Nordmark (20 min)
<http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-dns-discovery-05.txt>

Afternoon Session 1300-1500 (Room 301/302)
==========================================

Default Address Selection Open Issues -- Rich Draves (20 min)
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-default-addr-select-08.txt>

Node Information Queries IESG Feedback -- Thomas Narten (20 min)
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-name-lookups-09.txt>

Flow Label -- Jarno Rajahalme (10 min)
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-flow-label-02.txt>

Scoped Address Architecture -- Tatuya Jinmei (15 min)
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-scoping-arch-04.txt>

IPv6 Anycast Architecture -- Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino (15 min)
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6-anycast-analysis-01.txt>

A Protocol for Anycast Address Resolving -- Shingo Ata (10 min)
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ata-ipv6-anycast-resolving-00.txt>

Unidentified Issues in IPv6 Deployment/Operation -- Jun-ichiro itojun 
Hagino or Tatuya Jinmei (10 min)
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-itojun-jinmei-ipv6-issues-00.txt

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 01:39:41 +0200 (CEST)

> <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ata-ipv6-anycast-resolving-00.txt>

The security considerations in the draft are quite weak. Perhaps we can start
a discussion about this on the list.

Since an anycast address is not syntactically distriguishable from a unicast
address, a client of a unicast service can be spoofed using AARP to send
packets to some other unicast address. This sounds very similar to
the "remote redirect" aspect of binding updates in Mobile IPv6, thus I
think very similar security requirements should apply.

It might even be that some of the Mobile IPv6 security solutions (e.g. using
return routability checks) can be reused for the anycast case.

  Erik

---

From: "Ata, Shingo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:56:45 +0900

Erik,
Thank you for your comments for our draft.

> a discussion about this on the list.

Exactly. The weakness of the current AARP is that the AARP trusts the
receipt packet from the host (it might be out of anycast group). As a
result, there is a possibility that the anycast client may become an
unexpected attacker of denial of service. 

As you described, we need more discussions how to verify the receipt
packet from the anycast host. I will list some security problems on AARP
at Yokohama meeting.

regrads,

---
Shingo Ata <[email-masked]>