Subject: [help]About windowsXP,HP-UN and Solaris's IPv6

From: jpxiong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:57:32 +0800

When I use those os'IPv6 stack to communication,I wonder weather the IPv4 stack is necessary exist.That is to say,can i uninstall the ipv4 stack and remain the ipv6's ability?  
Thank in advance.
                                                           joe

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Ignatios Souvatzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:34:07 +0200

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 03:57:32PM +0800, jpxiong wrote:

> When I use those os'IPv6 stack to communication,I wonder weather the
> IPv4 stack is necessary exist.That is to say,can i uninstall the ipv4
> stack and remain the ipv6's ability?

In theory, yes. However, depending on the internal structure of the networking
stacks in the products you mentioned, this might be different. Please ask
the respective vendors for information about this.

Regards,
	-is