Subject: MIB Status

From: Lilian Fernandes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:51:24 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

What is the status of the new MIB drafts that consolidate both the IPv4
and IPv6 MIBs?
Is there a projected time/plan for these drafts to move to RFC status?

I guess most implementations today still have RFCs 2454, 2465, 2452 and
2466? It looks like the new drafts will obsolete all these RFCs in
addition to RFCs 2011,2012 and 2013.

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

Thanks for your help,
Lilian

_____________________________________________________________________

Lilian Fernandes
AIX TCP/IP Development - IBM Austin
Tel: 512-838-7966	Fax: 512-838-3509

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Rajiv Raghunarayan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:21:13 -0700

Hi Lilian,

New versions of the IPv6 MIB drafts have recently been published. And 
this topic is going to be addressed in the IETF IPv6 WG meet today.
Most of these drafts are achieving stability and should, hopefully, 
make it to the IESG before the Atlanta IETF. 

You may also want to look up the meeting minutes of the IPv6 WG meet 
in Yokohama for the most up-to-date status, or if possible join the 
multicast stream of the meet later today.

-Rajiv.