Subject: Re: Request for Agenda Items for IETF 54 IPv6 Sessions

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 14:44:14 +0900

>>>>> On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 18:17:47 +0200, 
>>>>> Francis Dupont <[email-masked]> said:

>  In your previous mail you wrote:
>    => Francis Dupont wrote:
>    => I strongly encourage items about prefix delegation for
>    => home sites because these are *urgent* for IPv6 deployment.
   
>    I must have missed something. Can you develop this / post links?
   
> => today ISP which manages an IPv6 dialup service (i.e., its customers
> run "home sites") should allocate a /48 per connection but there is
> no available protocol to do this.

Just FYI: in the forthcoming Networld + Interop Tokyo we'll present
IPv6 prefix delegation using DHCPv6 in a multi-vendor environment.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------