Subject: WG Last Call for Basic Sockets API: draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2553bis-06.txt

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 20:01:58 -0400

Resending with non-blank subject line, so that no one will
accidentally miss the message...

Margaret

>Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:37:22 -0400
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
>
>
>A new Basic Sockets Extensions I-D is about to be published with
>the file name:  draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2553bis-06.txt.  This document
>has already undergone WG last call, and was forwarded to the IESG
>for publication as an Informational RFC.  
>
>Based on feedback from our AD regarding a normative reference
>to the Scoped Addressing Architecture document (which isn't an RFC
>yet), the API extensions to support scoped addressing have moved to a 
>separate API extension document: draft-ietf-ipv6-scope-api-00.txt.
>
>If there are any comments on this change, please send them to 
>the WG mailing list by the end of the day on Tuesday, July 30th.
>Unless we hear any objections, we will ask the IESG to approve
>draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2553bis-06.txt for publication as an 
>Informational RFC.
>
>We will consider publication of the scoped addressing extensions once
>the Scoped Addressing Architecture document is ready for publication.
>
>Thanks,
>Margaret

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jack McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 10:24:16 -0400 (EDT)

Here is summary of major changes from rfc2553bis-05 to rfc2553bis-06:

   .  Add brief description of the evolution of this API and its
       relation to the Open Group/IEEE/ISO standards.

    .  More alignments with [3]:
        - [3] does not contain protocol family definitions (PF_xxx).
         Replaced PF_INET6 with AF_INET6, or removed as appropriate.

    .  Remove references to the DNS A6 resource record type.

    .  Fix argument names in getnameinfo() prototype to match text.

    .  Add description text for the getnameinfo() salen argument.

    .  Remove scoped addressing support, which will be published
       in a separate document.

    .  Modified change history to reflect changes from RFC 2553 only.

In preparation for publication as new RFC, the change history was 
modified to show changes from RFC 2553, rather than changes from 
bis-01 to bis-02, bis-02 to bis-03, etc.

- Jack