Subject: Re: your mail

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:37:22 -0400

A new Basic Sockets Extensions I-D is about to be published with
the file name:  draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2553bis-06.txt.  This document
has already undergone WG last call, and was forwarded to the IESG
for publication as an Informational RFC.  

Based on feedback from our AD regarding a normative reference
to the Scoped Addressing Architecture document (which isn't an RFC
yet), the API extensions to support scoped addressing have moved to a 
separate API extension document: draft-ietf-ipv6-scope-api-00.txt.

If there are any comments on this change, please send them to 
the WG mailing list by the end of the day on Tuesday, July 30th.
Unless we hear any objections, we will ask the IESG to approve
draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2553bis-06.txt for publication as an 
Informational RFC.

We will consider publication of the scoped addressing extensions once
the Scoped Addressing Architecture document is ready for publication.

Thanks,
Margaret

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:38:37 +0300 (EEST)

> separate API extension document: draft-ietf-ipv6-scope-api-00.txt.

No such thing exists (yet, at least).

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:41:38 -0400

The document has just been approved for publication and should
be available soon.

Margaret