Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-beloeil-ipv6-dns-resolver-option-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 07:19:28 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IPv6 Router Advertisement DNS resolver Option
	Author(s)	: L. Beloeil
	Filename	: draft-beloeil-ipv6-dns-resolver-option-00.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2002-10-1
	
This document defines the DNS resolver (DNSR) option used to advertise 
IPv6 addresses of DNS resolvers on a link.  The DNSR option, which lists 
the IPv6 addresses of DNS resolvers that all nodes of the link may use 
to resolve name or address, is attached to IPv6 Neighbor Discovery 
Router Advertisement messages that are sent across a link. This 
document specifies the process used by a host to decide how to 
configure the IPv6 addresses of DNS resolvers that the host could 
uses in IPv6 networks. This document defines the mechanism by which a 
node processes the DNSR option and updates valid IPv6 addresses 
of DNS resolvers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-beloeil-ipv6-dns-resolver-option-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-beloeil-ipv6-dns-resolver-option-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-beloeil-ipv6-dns-resolver-option-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.