Subject: RE: Limiting the Use of Site-Local

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 18:34:04 -0800

>> Mmmm. Maybe you can share how you access from the outside a
>> system that has a site-local only address, without installing
>> IPv6 NAT or some other proxy mechanism, when the edge device
>> that you have compromised boots from flash that happens to
>> physically write-protected?

> and maybe you can explain how you can access from the outside
> a system that has a global address but for which access is
> blocked using packet filters, whose configuration is write-
> protected in a similar manner?

Physically write-protected config? Obviously you don't realize what you
just wrote.

> it's not as if vanilla ciscos are going to be TSOed for use
> in transport class aircraft anyway.

Exactly the same as saying that vanilla PCs are not going to be used for
Cisco gear. Look inside a Pix, one time.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:59:59 -0500

> Physically write-protected config? Obviously you don't realize what you

I know what I meant, which is that you need physical access to the
device to enable it for writing.  Sorry if it wasn't clear.

> Cisco gear. 

you're saying that the requirements for TSO for aircraft components
and cisco's requirements for hardware are similar?  not from the
cisco hardware I've seen...

Keith