Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2553bis-07.txt - new ioctls?

From: Kristine Adamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:00:27 -0400

On 25 Sep 2002 Pekka Savola wrote:

>>This is probably a dumb question, but is there must be a reason why these
>>API's don't talk at all about ioctl's etc?  For example, I see no
standard
>>way of obtaining (all or some) of one's IPv6 addresses, or whatever else
>>was useful with SIOC*.

We also have wondered if there are going to be either IPv6-specific or
version-neutral replacements for the SIOCGIF* ioctls that use an ifreq
structure?  Thanks,

Kristine Adamson
IBM Communications Server for MVS: TCP/IP Development
Internet e-mail:[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------