Subject: New version-neutral MIB drafts - deprecated MIB objects used in other MIB modules

From: Kristine Adamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:52:16 -0400

Hello,
   We are trying to implement the new version-neutral MIB data provided by
the IPv6 MIB Design team.  We have found that another MIB module we
support, the IPOA-MIB from RFC2320, uses some of the newly deprecated MIB
objects in the new RFC2011 draft.  For example, table entry
ipoaArpClientEntry from the IPOA-MIB defines the ipAdEntAddr MIB object
(from the ipAddrTable in the old RFC2011) as the index of the
ipoaArpClientTable.  Will this cause problems with MIB browsers or other
programs that parse the MIB module because ipoaArpClientEntry has a status
of "current" but ipAdEntAddr has a status of "deprecated"?  Thanks,

Kristine Adamson
IBM Communications Server for MVS: TCP/IP Development
Internet e-mail:[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------