Subject: Routing header processing

From: "Ramakrishnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Oct 2002 12:08:57 -0000

Hi,
In RFC-2460 heading 4.4  Routing Header, says how to process 
routing header in a NODE. processing of the routing header by a 
HOST is not clear if the segments-left field in the routing header 
is non-zero.
What should a host do with such packets ? should it process the 
packet according to the RFC or reject the packet since host is not 
supposed to forward the packet.

Regards,
Ramakrishnan

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:37:01 +0300 (EEST)

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                   not those you stumble over and fall"
Systems. Networks. Security.  -- Robert Jordan: A Crown of Swords

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:39:04 +0300 (EEST)

Sorry for the empty message, hit too many buttons.

Have a look at (an expired draft):

http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/ietf/draft-savola-ipv6-rh-hosts-00.txt

This has not generated as much discussion as I hoped.