Subject: RE: Link Local Address usage for multi-home host.

From: "Richard Draves" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:48:09 -0700

> that and you're expecting applications to absorb a great deal 
> of additional complexity for a very marginal gain.

I would characterize this trade-off differently - it's a small amount of
additional complexity for a small fraction of applications, for a
reasonable gain.

Rich

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:21:41 -0400

> additional complexity for a small fraction of applications, for a

the gains seem dubious at best.  and you can't judge the harm by
considering only the # of applications affected - you also need to
consider how useful/important those applications would be.
as for the amount of additional complexity, you're completely wrong
about that.

effectively constraining the network to be client-server doesn't seem 
like a step forward.

Keith