Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-send-psreq-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:10:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Securing Neighbor Discovery Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 Neighbor Discovery trust models and threats
	Author(s)	: P. Nikander
	Filename	: draft-ietf-send-psreq-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2002-10-17
	
The existing IETF standards specify that IPv6 Neighbor Discovery
and Address Autoconfiguration mechanisms MAY be protected with
IPsec AH.  However, the current specifications limit the security
solutions to manual keying due to practical problems faced with
automatic key management.  This document specifies three different
trust models and discusses the threats pertient to IPv6 Neighbor
Discovery.  The purpose of this discussion is to define the
requirements for Securing IPv6 Neigbor Discovery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-send-psreq-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-send-psreq-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-send-psreq-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.