Subject: qurries on MBGP

From: Partha Kumar Pal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 11:32:45 +0530

Dear Sir,
               Would anybody help me regarding some querries on BGP4+.
               My question are

               1) In BGP4+ (MBGP),  the Update may packet contain
                    IPv6 address(s) as next hop (in the MP_REACH_NLRI
                    attribute) along with the IPv4 address as the
nexthop
                   (in original BGP4 update packet).
                    Now in this scenario, when an Update packet comes to

                    an Router which purely implements IPv6 environment
or
                    IPv4 environment, how does it process the Update
packet ?
                    Does it ignore the IPv6 (IPv4)next hop in case when
                    it purely implements IPv4(IPv6) environment?
                     I am confuse here. Would you please clarify the
                     thing?

                 2) This question is same as above but regarding NLRI
field.

                 3) What exacly SNPA means?

                 4) How aggregation of routes in MBGP takes place?
                      Does it same as what used to be in BGP4? If it is
                      true, then what happened to the  IPv4 address of
the
                      aggregator contained in the AGGRAGETOR attribute?

                  5) Does it necessasry to have the Dual stack for
                       implementing MBGP?

              Thanks

               Regards.

               Partha Pal

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------