Subject: About subnet-router anycast address

From: ARt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 13:54:30 +0200

Hi,

In RFC2373, a subnet-router anycast address is defined, from the
prefixes available on a link, with host ID part set to 0.

Should it be done also for the link-local prefix ? i.e. is it 
mandatory for a router to answer to the fe80:: anycast address ?

If yes, would it make sense for a host on a link to configure
its default route with fe80:: as gateway, without managing a default
gateway list, and instead relying on NDP/NUD to switch from a dead
gateway ?

Alain.
-- 
Alain RITOUX   
Tel +33-1-39-30-92-32   
Fax +33-1-39-30-92-11
visit our web http://www.6wind.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------