Subject: Re: Fwd: [ipv6mib] So, where were we?

From: Kristine Adamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 14:06:28 -0400

We are currently working on implementing the July drafts of the
version-neutral MIB modules created by the IPv6 MIB design team.  We prefer
Margaret's first choice:

   > In this choice, we would make as few changes
   > to those MIBs as possible, in attempt to make
   > the implementation of the new version-independent
   > MIBs as easy as possible for folks who are
   > adding IPv6 to an existing stack.

as we would like to provide basic MIB support for our IPv6 enabled stack as
soon as possible.

Also, in regards to the ongoing work being done by the IPv6 MIB design
team, are there any plans to clean up the July drafts?  For example, in the
RFC2011 draft, there are table MIB objects that have been deleted but the
remaining table objects have not been renumbered.

Thanks,

Kristine Adamson
IBM Communications Server for MVS: TCP/IP Development
Internet e-mail:[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:19:37 -0400

Hi Kristine,

>team, are there any plans to clean up the July drafts?

Yes, we have plans to clean up the drafts and get new versions out
ASAP.  Hopefully we will soon reach last call for UDP & TCP, at least.

>For example, in the

This is sometimes intentional, to avoid incompatibility with
implementations of previous versions, but I don't know if that
applies in this case.  I'll leave it up to the editor of that
document to respond.

Margaret