Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-unicast-aggr-v2-02.txt

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 00:43:27 -0800

> Pekka Savola wrote:
> My perception is that the /48 "border" is inside the IANA
> delegation.

It is, but read the text again:

| An example of the resulting format of global unicast address
     ^^^^^^^

This example is what the Best Current Practice is today. "Current" means
what it means: it might change later, but as of today it's the deal. I
still think this should be published as BCP. Several people have
contributed that we needed to send a "strong message".

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "EricLKlein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:09:12 +0200

I tend to agree with the previsous comment that people will take this
example as law and will make it a defacto standard boarder even if we only
intened to make it a sample based on one groups implementation. I would
suggest that it read somthing to the effect of:

An example of the resulting format of global unicast address based on the
IANA implementation...

Eric
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
To: "Pekka Savola" <[email-masked]>; "Brian Carpenter"
<[email-masked]>
Cc: "Bob Hinden" <[email-masked]>; "Margaret Wasserman"
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 10:43 AM
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-unicast-aggr-v2-02.txt

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:20:56 +0200 (EET)

> contributed that we needed to send a "strong message".

The main purpose of this document is to move *RFC2374* to Historic (and at 
the same thime, explain the reasons for doing so).

Advocation is a separate issue entirely.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings