Subject: Re: RFC 3041 clarification requested

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2003 07:05:23 +0900

>>>>> On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 07:25:37 -0800, 
>>>>> "Richard Draves" <[email-masked]> said:

>> > You do not generate link-local addresses for the new IIDs. And not 
>> > site-local either. Just global addresses.
>> 
>> Why not for site-local addresses?

> There's no technical reason you couldn't generate temporary link-local
> or site-local addresses. We felt that within a link/site, privacy is not
> so important and so better to avoid the additional overhead.

I agree on the link-local case, but I can imagine a user who wants the
privacy that temporary addresses provide even within a site.

Anyway, in my understanding, draft-ietf-ipngwg-temp-addresses-v2-00
does not prohibit the host from creating site-local temporary
addresses, right?

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------