Subject: Re: Web Server addresses : Unicast , Multicast , Anycast

From: Siva Veerepalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:31:30 -0800

At 09:03 AM 1/21/2003 +0530, Digambar Rasal wrote:
>Hi
>
>I am developing a Web server , router , load balancers, Gateway and Switch
>testing software.
>
>I have read the RFC reagrding the addressing in IPv6 and I understood that
>Web servers , routers , load balancers, Gateways and Switches can have
>either Unicast  or Multicast or Anycast address.

I think there is a restriction on the use of anycast addresses. As I 
understand it, use of anycast is allowed for routers only at the current 
time (see 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3-11.txt).

Siva

>I am not sure that my interpretation  is correct .. So please correct if I
>am wrong.
>
>Regards
>Digambar Rasal
>
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
>IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
>FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
>Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
>--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------