Subject: Updates to PPPv6

From: Siva Veerepalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:17:27 -0800

The current work items in the wg charter and Margaret's presentation on 
document status in the WG meeting shows PPPv6 as one of the items. Could 
someone clarify what changes/updates are being considered for IPv6 over PPP 
rfc? Are they technical or editorial/clarification of existing text?

I meant to send this mail to the rfc authors, but their email addresses on 
the rfc are not current.

Thanks,
Siva 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:44:00 -0500

Hi Siva,

During our 3GPP-related work last year, there were several comments
that indicated that the wording of the PPPv6 spec is somewhat
unclear.  In particular, it seems to indicate the the address that
is negotiated via PPP will be the only address in use on the
client end of the PPP connection.

At that time, we agreed to review the document and clear up the
single-address assumptions, if any.

There may also be other issues that have been sent to the authors.

It is likely that all of the changes would be editorial, but I don't
know for sure.  I also don't know if it makes the most sense to
do this work in the IPv6 WG or in the PPP Extensions WG -- this might
depend on the scope of changes required.

We should be starting up an effort on this in the next couple of
months.

Margaret

At 11:17 AM 3/18/2003 -0800, Siva Veerepalli wrote:
>someone clarify what changes/updates are being considered for IPv6 over 
>PPP rfc? Are they technical or editorial/clarification of existing text?
>