Subject: RE: Mobility in Nodes Requirements

From: "Bound, Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:44:50 -0500

Pekka,

> > A server in a helicopter or plane is mobile for a few 
> applications.  I 
> > understand I am trying to make a point that this exercise 
> needs to be 
> > focused on more than the term "node".
> 
> Such is hardly a minimal or even typical case of IPv6.

So you only want to work on the typical case in the IETF?

It appears you do not care about the non typical?

If you watch TV though this looks pretty typical to me :--)

/jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 00:52:54 +0200 (EET)

> It appears you do not care about the non typical?

No, but we certainly *must* consider what's typical when setting 
*requirements* for *all* nodes.

Non-typical cases are fine -- and will be used, that's great, the more
IPv6 the better -- but I don't see why such should set what the mainline
does.

I can easily envision server on a helicopter.  That's a case, of course.  
But something that must be taken into consideration when implementing the
helicopter and the server.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings