Subject: RE: A use for site local addresses?

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:22:21 -0800

> David Conrad wrote:
> One of the downsides of site locals is the same downside
> you get with  1918 space -- merge two companies using private
> address space and you'll probably have to deal with address
> space collisions, forcing one of the two to renumber.

There at least two drafts to make site-local addresses unique.

Michel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 07:52:31 +0100

> There at least two drafts to make site-local addresses unique.

And at least one implementation - called unicast addressspace :-)

- kurtis -