Subject: local access control prefix draft: draft-bellovin-ipv6-accessprefix-01.txt

From: Steve Bellovin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:52:25 -0500

I may have missed the official announcement.  But there's a new version 
of my draft on a local access control prefix in the respositories:
draft-bellovin-ipv6-accessprefix-01.txt.

Abstract

   Some very low-end devices are expected to rely on address-based
   authentication, even though that is not a high-security mechanism.
   In particular, they may wish to permit access by "local" peers only,
   for some value of "local".  This memo proposes a new Router
   Advertisement option to supply a list of privileged prefixes.

		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb (me)
		http://www.wilyhacker.com (2nd edition of "Firewalls" book)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------