Subject: comments on rfc2011 update

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:46:07 -0800

Unfortunately, I have just learned that I'd really need this update.
I'll say this is unfortunate because the cutoff date for comment is
tomorrow, and I haven't had a chance to read the document.

However, a really really really quick scan produced a couple of
comments.

1) The description field for the ipAddressEntry object is simply
   ridiculously short:
        "inet addr entry"

2) Was there every discussion about making this table writable?  One
   of the most longstanding needs within MIBs has been the ability to
   assign addresses to interfaces.  I will have to go back and search
   the mail archives to find out if this was ever discussed, but it
   would be pretty simple, I would think, to make this table
   writable.  This is the obvious place to make support for settable
   addresses, so I'm curious as to why it wasn't done...

-- 
Wes Hardaker
Sparta

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------