Subject: Author list for 2461bis and 2462bis

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:24:58 -0500

The chairs would like to clarify the issue surrounding who gets listed
as authors of the updates to 2461 and 2462.  Since updating these RFCs
is a formal IPv6 WG task, the chairs took the responsibility to procure
editors for the updates.  We contacted, or attempted to contact, all
the authors of these RFCs to gauge their ability to lead the editing of
the updates.  All the authors who responded indicated that they did not
have the time to edit the drafts.  We were unable to contact one author
of the Neighbor Discovery spec due to e-mail bounces.

At that point, the chairs asked Tatuya Jinmei and Hesham Soliman to
take on the responsibility of editing 2461bis and 2462bis.  For the
time being, the chairs expect that the original authors and the new
editors will be listed on the front page of these I-Ds.  This should
give appropriate credit to the original authors and to the new
editors as work progresses on the updates.

When these documents come closer to completion, we will evaluate who
should be listed as authors and who should be listed as contributors.
An example of how this has worked in the past, please take a look at
the recent MIB updates done in this working group.

Regards,
Brian & Bob
IPv6 WG Chairs

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------