Subject: MIB Doctor review: draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2013-update-03.txt

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:27:45 +0200

OK, I did a review.

In principle, I think this MIB document is ready for IETF Last Call.
If you want, you can do IETF Last Call now and consider the below as
IETF-Last-Call Comments.

I have these remarks/comments:

1. The DESCRIPTION clause of the most recent REVISION clause must
   list the changes that were made in this revision. You basically have
   that text already in the document, but it must also be listed in
   the revision clause.

2. I would add to the least recent revision  that MIB-II was published 
   as RFC1213. Just to be complete.

3. The DESCRIPTION clasue of udpEndpointLocalAddress speaks about a
   "null octet string". The better text is "zero-length octet string", 
   and I guess this just slipped by, because at other places the
   correct text iis used.

4. In the MODULE-COMPLIANCE in the DESCRIPTION clasue I see the proper
   material for the InetAddressType objects, but I am missing the same
   sort of text for the InetAddress objects. 

5. Pls check the references and citations.
   For example you reference [RFC768], but there is no citation anywhere
   in the text. Same for [RFC3291], [RFC3418], maybe others

6. I wonder if we want to be (normatively) dependent on the SYSAPPL-MIB
   (RFC2287). It is at PS and I have never seen any movement to advance it.
   Do we not want to UDP-MIB to advance on the stds track in the future?

Thanks,
Bert 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Margaret Wasserman [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: vrijdag 9 juli 2004 20:02
> To: Wijnen, Bert (Bert)
> Cc: Thomas Narten
> Subject: draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2013-update-03.txt
> 
> 
> 
> Hi Bert,
> 
> I've received a request to publish 
> draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2013-update-03.txt, the IP Version-Independent UDP 
> MIB.
> 
> How do I find out if this MIB has received a full MIB Doctor review 
> and all of the MIB Doctors' issues have been addressed?
> 
> Margaret
> 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------