Subject: Re: IESG review comments on ULA draft

From: Dan Lanciani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:02:09 -0400 (EDT)

"Stephen Sprunk" <[email-masked]> wrote:

|I never intended locally-generated addresses to be in the global DNS, either
|forward or reverse, but there is nothing wrong with them being in a local
|DNS (via split horizon) if desired.

There is nothing wrong with their being in (at least) the forward global DNS
either.  We should not imply that split DNS is required to use the locally-
generated addresses.  This is especially true if the centrally-generated ones
are going to get caught up in administative issues and perhaps end up costing
far more than we initially thought.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@danlan.*com

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Fred Templin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:30:02 -0700

OK, I'll bite. Why all this talk about the global/split DNS,
and no talk about LLMNR?

Thanks - Fred
[email-masked]