Subject: On-link assumption refuses to go away

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:26:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Hesham,
  The latest revision of RFC2461bis still contains the on-link assumption 
when no default routers are present. I do notice that the text about the 
on-link assumption in section 5.2 has been removed but the following text 
is present in section 6.3.6 regarding default router selection.

     3) If the Default Router List is empty, assume that all
        destinations are on-link as specified in Section 5.2.

Should this be removed as well?

Cheers
Suresh

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Sebastien Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:51:40 -0400

> Should this be removed as well?

Yes it should be, as is proposed in section 4 of 
draft-ietf-v6ops-onlinkassumption-02.txt.

-Seb