Subject: Comments on draft-dupont-ipv6-rfc3051harmful-05.txt

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:21:29 +0200

Some comments :

> 1. Introduction

[...]

>   Interface identifiers are used in the stateless address
>   autoconfiguration [4] to create link-local addresses (in all cases)
>   and to create global and site-local addresses (for hosts from
>   prefix information options in router advertisements).

site-local?

> 3. "In-Prefix" Source Addresses Spoofing
>
>   Distributed Denial of Services (DDoS) attacks are a variant of
>   Denial of Service attacks where the attackers use a large number of
>   compromised hosts in poorly managed domains to flood aimed targets
>   with forged packets. In some cases, the amount of traffic is enough
>   to overload network infrastructures near the targets.

To be exaxt, I would say "with possibly forged packets."

> 4. Security Considerations
>
>   This document proposed to fill the Security Considerations
>   section of revisions [6] of RFC 3041 which is currently empty.

I ahve probably missed this discussion if it has already been, but
wouldn't it make more sense to do a RFC3041bis with the content of
this draft inlcuded / addressed, rather than proceed with this as a
draft on it's own? But I assume that also would need consensus on the 
draft..:-)

- - kurtis -

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------