Subject: Updated IPv6 WG Agenda

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:36:59 -0400

Comments/Additions/Corrections welcome...

  Wednesday (08/04/04) 1530-1730
  ------------------------------
      * Intro & Agenda Bashing                chairs           3 minutes
      * Document Status                       chairs           2 minutes
      * IPv6 Plugtest Announcement            Guillemin        5 minutes
      * 2461bis                               Soliman         10 minutes
           - draft-soliman-ipv6-2461-bis-01.txt
           - Goal: status update
      * 2462bis                               Tatuya          10 minutes
           - draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-02.txt
           - Goal: status update
      * ICMP Updates                          Gupta/Hinden    15 minutes
           - draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-v3-03.txt
           - Goal: status update
      * Optimistic DAD                        N. Moore        10 minutes
           - draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-01.txt
           - Goal: status update
      * M&O Flags in RA's                     Park             5 minutes
           - draft-daniel-ipv6-ra-mo-flags-00.txt
           - Goal: Raise awareness of work
      * DNS configuration (RA option)         chairs          10 minutes
           - draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-01.txt
           - Goal: Should the WG be doing something?
      * Anycast Analysis                      chairs           5 minutes
           - draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6-anycast-analysis-02.txt
           - Goal: What to do?
      * IPv6 over PPP update                  Varada          10 minutes
           - draft-ietf-ipv6-over-ppp-v2-01.txt
           - Goal: status update
      * Link-scoped Multicast                 Shin            10 minutes
           - draft-ietf-ipv6-link-scoped-mcast-04.txt
           - Goal: Resolving open issues from WG Last Call
      * IPv6 over WLAN/802.11                 chairs          20 minutes
           - Goal: Should the WG be doing something?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:03:57 -0700

>            - Goal: Should the WG be doing something?

So I'm glad to see this on the agenda but I'm wondering if there is anybody
out there with some hard data about problems that could be brought to the
discussion? Like graphs, tables, numbers, etc.? I realize this might be a
somewhat radical suggestion for IETF. People's opinions are certainly
important, but it would it would be helpful if they could be informed by
something more than anticdotal evidence. Personally, I've got no opinion one
way or the other at this point.

                    jak

---

From: Soohong Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:02:10 +0900

>            - Goal: Raise awareness of work

Regarding above item of agenda, you can see a proposed draft as below,

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daniel-ipv6-ra-mo-flags-00.txt

Hopefully, I would raise this draft as a consideration of work item
not just awareness at this stage. 

All comments are highly welcome.

Regards.

- Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
- Mobile Platform Lab. Samsung Electronics.

---

From: "Jaehoon Paul Jeong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:56:23 +0900

Hi Brian,

For DNS configuration, there are some updates:
draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-01.txt --> draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-02.txt

DNSOP wg will submit this revised draft to the IESG soon.

Especially, the draft of RA option for recursive DNS server has been updated:
draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configuration-02.txt

These drafts will be announced by IETF soon.

I think that they can be used as base documents for our discussion.

Paul
------------------------------------------------------
Jaehoon Paul Jeong (Research Engineer)
TEL. +82-42-860-1664
Mobile +82-16-711-1765
161 Gajeong-dong Yuseong-gu, Daejeon 305-350, Korea
NGI Standardization Research Team/PEC/ETRI
Homepage: http://www.adhoc.6ants.net/~paul

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Brian Haberman" <[email-masked]>

---

From: Soohong Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:04:36 +0900

>            - Goal: Should the WG be doing something?

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-daniel-ipv6-over-wifi-01.txt

I agree that this draft in the current state is not the one
that addresses all ths issues, however it is a kick-start
draft for this aspect.

Hope this helps...

Regards.