Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-03.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:21:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Tatuya,
  The draft seems to be truncated from section 5.6 until the end of the 
document. So the change history, appendices and references are not 
present.  

Regards
Suresh

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 [email-masked] wrote:

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
>This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.
>
>	Title		: IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
>	Author(s)	: S. Thomson, et al.
>	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-03.txt
>	Pages		: 30
>	Date		: 2004-7-21
>	
>This document specifies the steps a host takes in deciding how to
>   autoconfigure its interfaces in IP version 6. The autoconfiguration
>   process includes creating a link-local address and verifying its
>   uniqueness on a link, determining what information can be
>   autoconfigured (addresses, other information, or both), and in the
>   case of addresses, whether they can be obtained through the stateless
>   mechanism, the stateful mechanism, or both. This document defines the
>   process for generating a link-local address, the process for
>   generating global addresses via stateless address autoconfiguration,
>   and the Duplicate Address Detection procedure. The details of
>   autoconfiguration using the stateful protocol is specified in RFC
>   3315 and RFC 3736.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-03.txt
>
>To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
>[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
>You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
>to change your subscription settings.
>
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>	"get draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-03.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>
>
>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>	[email-masked].
>In the body type:
>	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-03.txt".
>	
>NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>	how to manipulate these messages.
>		
>		
>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>
>

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:37:36 +0900

>>>>> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:21:13 -0400 (EDT), 
>>>>> Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]> said:

> document. So the change history, appendices and references are not 

Yes, I've noticed that, too.  I don't know why this happened...I
submitted the draft as a pointer to:
  http://www.jinmei.org/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-03.txt
which does not seem to be truncated.

I asked the I-D secretariat if we can fix the problem, but I'm afraid
we can't do that until new I-Ds will be accepted again on August 9th.

In any event, please refer to the version available at the above URL,
which is identical to the one I intended (and will intend) to submit.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]