Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-link-scoped-mcast-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:23:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Link Scoped IPv6 Multicast Addresses
	Author(s)	: J. Park, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-link-scoped-mcast-04.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2004-7-15
	
This document specifies an extension to the multicast addressing
     architecture of the IPv6 protocol. The extension allows for the use
     of interface-IDs to allocate multicast addresses.  When the link-
     local unicast address is configured at each interface of a host, an
     interface ID is uniquely determined.  By delegating multicast
     addresses at the same time as the interface ID, each host can
     identify their multicast addresses automatically at Layer 1 without
     running an intra- or inter-domain allocation protocol in serverless
     environments. Basically, it is preferred to use this method for the
     link-local scope rather than Unicast-Prefix-based IPv6 Multicast
     Addresses [RFC 3306].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-link-scoped-mcast-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipv6-link-scoped-mcast-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-link-scoped-mcast-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------