Subject: [psg.com #596] definition of "multicast-capable"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 11:59:58 +0000

> [[email-masked] - Fri Aug 20 15:11:28 2004]:
> 
> Proposed resolution:
> 
> - replace "multicast interface" with "multicast-capable interface" in
>   Section 5.1
> - modify the definition of "link" in Section 2 a little bit like:
> 
>    link - a communication facility or medium over which nodes can
>       communicate at the link layer, i.e., the layer immediately below
>       IP.  Examples are Ethernets (simple or bridged); PPP links; X.25,
>       Frame Relay, or ATM networks; and internet (or higher) layer
>       "tunnels", such as tunnels over IPv4 or IPv6 itself.  The links
>       on which the protocol used in this document are specified in
>       [RFC2461].
> 
> (or s/[RFC2461]/[rfc2461bis]/ if and when necessary)

Based on a discussion in the list, this issue will be closed
with a slightly different resolution:

   link - a communication facility or medium over which nodes can
      communicate at the link layer, i.e., the layer immediately below
      IP.  Examples are Ethernets (simple or bridged); PPP links; X.25,
      Frame Relay, or ATM networks; and internet (or higher) layer
      "tunnels", such as tunnels over IPv4 or IPv6 itself.  The protocol
      described in this document will be used on all types of links
      unless specified otherwise in the link type specific document
      describing how to operate IP on the link in line with [RFC2461].

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 11:59:57 +0000

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 07:47:38 +0000

> [[email-masked] - Thu Sep 02 11:59:56 2004]:

>       describing how to operate IP on the link in line with [RFC2461].

The issue is now closed with the proposed resolution.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 07:47:39 +0000