Subject: Re: [rfc2462bis #596] definition of "multicast-capable"

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 18:39:59 +0900

(sorry for the delayed response)

>>>>> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:29:10 +0100, 
>>>>> "Elwyn Davies" <[email-masked]> said:

> Unfortunately the links are not specified - 2461 says ND applies to all
> links unless the link specific doc says otherwise (see the Intro to
> 2461/2461bis).

> So I suggest in place of..
> The links on which the protocol used in this document are specified in
> [RFC2461].

> use..
> This protocol will be used on all types of links unless specified otherwise
> in the link type specific document describing how to operate IP(v6) on the
> link in line with [RFC2461/2461bis].

Your suggested text looks fine, thanks.

> I am hoping that the definition of multicast-capable will be refined in
> 2461bis and it should then be referenced in 2462bis.

I'll also keep this in mind.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------