Subject: ipng list archives? (and RFC-3531)

From: David Carmean <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:04:45 -0700

Please excuse the questionable relevance ...

I'm trying to find archived discussions relating to RFC 3531, 
"A Flexible Method for Managing the Assignment of Bits of an 
IPv6 address Block", M. Blanchet.  It appears that this discussion 
would have taken place on the ipng list, but the playground.sun.com 
ftp server seems to have been wiped clean.

Basically, I'm having trouble grasping the practical use of 
this scheme, and reading RFC 1219 hasn't helped.  Some kind of 
brain-lock happening.  

I'd be grateful to hear of any actual experiences using these 
schemes.

Thanks.

-- 
David Carmean						Network Appliance, Inc
+1-408-822-6565 (ph)					495 E. Java Drive
+1-408-822-4577 (fax)					Sunnyvale, CA  94089

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------