Subject: [psg.com #260] NC entries set to STALE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:28:11 +0000

Issue description:

An NA with O=0, S=0, and no LLAO can cause neighbor cache entries to be
marked STALE. This will cause NUD to be performed on the address. See
section 7.2.5.

=> This was a simple editorial change in 7.2.5.
Starting from the third paragraph, this is how section
7.2.5 now reads:

In any state, if the link layer has addresses and an unsolicited
Neighbor Advertisement is received with the O flag cleared, with no
Target Link-Layer address option is included, the receiving node SHOULD
silently discard the received advertisement.

If the target's Neighbor Cache entry is in the INCOMPLETE state when
the advertisement is received, one of two things happens.    Otherwise,
the receiving node performs the following
steps:

This issue is now resolved.

Hesham

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 03:28:11 +0000

Issue description:

Hesham