Subject: Re: Link Local Address

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:34:15 +0900

>>>>> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:02:19 +0800, 
>>>>> "Hanamantapppa Yuvraj-A21366" <[email-masked]> said:

> Suppose for a Router Fast Ethernet interface has a following
> configuration
> Link Local Address which is Tentative, and the Primary IPv6 address is
> Up. With this should I be able to forward the Ipv6 traffic?
 
I don't know the background of the question, but I guess no one blames
you if the router does not forward packets while the (only) IPv6
address configured on the outgoing interface is in the tentative
state.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Leon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 15:06:21 +0800

Hi,

    Since Link Local Address is basic for interface's ipv6 capability,  such as usage by ND,
I also agree not to forward packets at this case.

Thanks
Leon