Subject: Recommended Hop Limit?

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:30:17 -0300

Hello,

Do the v6 recommend any default Hop Limit value?

RFC 2460 does not mention anything in this respect, and  the IANA 
IPv6 parameters page 
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-parameters) does not mention 
any recommended value.

FWIW, the recommended value for v4 was 64 
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/ip-parameters)

Thanks!

Kind regards,

--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------