Subject: [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-krishnan-ipv6-exthdr-02.txt]

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 11:34:33 -0400

Hi Folks,
   This draft addresses a lot of comments we received on version -01 of 
the draft. It requests just 1 allocation from IANA for future IPv6 
extension headers and the distinction between different headers is done 
using a specific type field inside the generic extension header.

Thanks
Suresh

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-krishnan-ipv6-exthdr-02.txt
Date: Thu,  3 Jul 2008 08:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : An uniform format for IPv6 extension headers
	Author(s)       : S. Krishnan, et al.
	Filename        : draft-krishnan-ipv6-exthdr-02.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-07-02

In IPv6,optional internet-layer information is encoded in separate
headers that may be placed between the IPv6 header and the transport
layer header.  There are a small number of such extension headers
currently defined.  This document defines a format for defining new
IPv6 extension headers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-krishnan-ipv6-exthdr-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------