Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-6man-reserved-iids-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 15:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Reserved IPv6 Interface Identifiers
	Author(s)       : S. Krishnan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6man-reserved-iids-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2008-12-02

Interface Identifiers in IPv6 unicast addresses are used to identify
interfaces on a link.  They are required to be unique within a
subnet.  Several RFCs have specified interface identifiers or
identifier ranges that have a special meaning attached to them.  An
IPv6 node autoconfiguring an interface identifier in these ranges
will encounter unexpected consequences.  Since there is no
centralized repository for such reserved identifiers, this document
aims to create one.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-6man-reserved-iids-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------