Subject: [IPP] Your JPS2 editor has reviewed IPP JPS2 and has comments

From: "Tom Hastings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:51:26 -0700

Here are some PWG Last Call Comments from your JPS2 Editor that I found
while writing up the changes that we had made over the last year to the
draft.  Here they are (in HTML with red underlined inserts and blue
cross-outs):

 6.1  job-password  (octetString(255)) for Job Creation operations

This Operation attribute may OPTIONALLY be included in the request of the
following Job Creation operations: Print-Job, Print-URI, and Create-Job.

The OPTIONAL "job-password" operation attribute allows a user to perform
Secure Print.  The user enters a password in the job submitting application
which is encrypted by the client using one of the methods specified by the
"job-password-encryption-supported" attribute.  The encrypted password is
sent to the Printer as the value of the "job-password" attribute.  If a
"job-password" value is provided, other than a zero-length string, the
printer MUST hold the job in the 'pending-held' state, and the
'job-password-wait' value is added to the "job-state-reason" attribute.

The user enters the same password at the device to release the job for
printing.  The Printer uses the same encryption method specified in the
"job-password-encryption" attribute on this password. The printer MUST
resume the print job when the locally-supplied encrypted password matches
the value of the "job-password" attribute.  The method in which the password
is entered and validated at the Printer is implementation dependent.

The "job-password" attribute value MUST NOT be returned in a
Get-Job-Attributes response.

If a "job-password" attribute value other than a zero-length string is
provided in a Job Creation operation, the job is placed into the
'pending-held' state, and the 'job-password-wait' value is added to the
"job-state-reason" attribute.

Other jobs may be printed before the release of the Secure Print Job from
the 'pending-held' state. If the Secure Print Job is released by the user
while another job is printing, the Secure Job MUST NOT resume printing until
the current job is done printing.  The Secure Job SHOULD be the next job
printed after the current job, unless there is another job in the Printer
which has a higher priority than the Secure Job as determined by the
"job-priority" attribute.

7.4  job-delay-output-until (type3 keyword | name(MAX))

.

A Flow Diagram for Job Creation with the "job-delay-output-until" attribute
is shown in Figure 1 below.  The semantics of the "job-delay-output-until"
attribute are similar to the "job-hold-until" Job Template attribute
[RFC2911] (see Table 5 below), except that for the "job-delay-output-until"
attribute the job is not put into the 'pending-held' state while waiting for
the time period to arrive.  Instead, the Printer MAY process the job
normally, i.e., by putting the job into the 'pending' and 'processing'
states.  However, the Printer MUST NOT produce any output until the
specified time period arrives.  If the Printer completes the processing and
the specified time period has not yet arrived, the Printer MUST suspend the
processing of the job by putting the job in the 'processing-stopped' state,
MUST add the 'job-delay-output-until-suspended' value to the job's
"job-state-reasons" attribute, and MUST NOT delay processing or output of
any other jobs while waiting for the specified time period to arrive.  When
the time period does arrive, the Printer MUST remove the
'job-delay-output-until-specified' and 'job-delay-output-until-suspended'
values from the "job-state-reasons" attribute and MAY add the 'job-queued'
[RFC2911] value to the job's "job-state-reasons" attribute.  Then the job
can be scheduled and processed, i.e., the job enters the 'processing' state
and produces the output.

7.8.1.2.3.2  save-name (name(MAX))

The "save-name" member attribute specifies the name of the saved job in the
directory specified by the "save-location" member attribute.  The client can
supply a "save-name" attribute value that is either a simple file name or a
relative path where each component of the path is separated by a FORWARD
SLASH ("/") character.   The "save-name-subdirectory-supported" Printer
Description attribute indicates whether or not the Printer supports a
FORWARD-SLASH ("/") in the "save-name" value.  Whether the FORWARD SLASH
when supported is actually implemented as a sub-directory is IMPLEMENTATION
DEPENDENT.

7.10.1.2  pdl-init-file-name (name(MAX))

This member attribute specifies the name of the initialization file within
the directory specified by the "save-namepdl-init-file-location" member
attribute that the Printer MUST send to its PDL interpreter prior to
processing the document.   The "pdl-init-file-subdirectory-supported"
Printer Description attribute indicates whether or not the Printer supports
a FORWARD-SLASH ("/") in the "save-name" value.  Whether the FORWARD SLASH
when supported is actually implemented as a sub-directory is IMPLEMENTATION
DEPENDENT.

13.2 Attribute Value Registration

.

job-state-reasons (type2 keyword):                            [pwg5100.11]

  job-delay-output-until-specified                            [pwg5100.11]

  job-password-wait                                           [pwg5100.11]

  job-printed-successfully                                    [pwg5100.11]

  job-printed-with-errors                                     [pwg5100.11]

  job-printed-with-warnings                                   [pwg5100.11]

  job-printed-with-errors                                     [pwg5100.11]

  job-resuming                                                [pwg5100.11]

  job-saved-successfully                                      [pwg5100.11]

  job-saved-with-errors                                       [pwg5100.11]

  job-saved-with-warnings                                     [pwg5100.11]

  job-saving                                                  [pwg5100.11]

  job-scheduling                                              [pwg5100.11]

  job-spooling                                                [pwg5100.11]

  job-streaming                                               [pwg5100.11]

  job-suspended-by-operator                                   [pwg5100.11]

  job-suspended-by-system                                     [pwg5100.11]

  job-suspended-by-user                                       [pwg5100.11]

  job-suspending                                              [pwg5100.11]

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp