Subject: [IPP] Stable Draft of IPP/2.0 Second Edition (21 August 2010)

From: Ira McDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 17:05:13 -0400

[Based on IPP WG complete review on 5 August - for review at IPP
WG meeting on 21 August and IPP WG Last Call]

I've just posted a Stable draft of IPP/2.0 Second Edition at:

 ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp20-20100821.pdf / doc
 - clean copy with line numbers

 ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ipp20-20100821-rev.pdf / doc
 - redlines from 18 July draft

Prototype reports for IPP/2.2 new content already exist.

So this spec is ready for final review, IPP WG last call, and PWG
Last Call.

Comments?

Cheers,
- Ira

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes made to create 21 August 2010 version (Stable Draft)

Editorial – Changed status to Stable Draft – all changes below per
IPP WG review at August F2F

Editorial – Revised Table 1 in section 4, to move 3 TLS versions
together at end, add note that empty cells mean OPTIONAL, and
extend non-OPTIONAL levels to the right

Editorial – Revised Tables 4 and 5 in section 5 to remove gray
background on IPP/1.1 rows

Editorial – Revised all Tables to make heading rows repeat (across
pages)

Editorial – Revised Table 6 in section 6.1 to add operation-id,
request-id, status-code, and version-number as REQUIRED
parameters in all operation requests and/or responses

Editorial – Revised Table 6 in section 6.1 to make
requested-attributes and requesting-user-name apply to All objects

Editorial – Revised Table 7 in section 6.2 to change
“CONDITIONAL” to “REQUIRED for color”

Editorial – Global – Changed “STRONGLY RECOMMENDED”
to “RECOMMENDED”

Editorial – Revised Acknowledgments table, adding and
correcting several rows

-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp