Subject: [IPP] [PWG5100.7] Issue #95: Table 2 - "media-col" Member Attributes : Ambiguous whether Conformance column is for Clients or Printers

From: Smith Kennedy via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 20:29:04 +0000 (UTC)

[Issue Unconfirmed]

Section 5.3.1 "media-col (collection)" defines the "media-col" Job Template
attribute. On page 27
(https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/candidates/cs-ippjobext20-20190816-5100.7.pdf#page=27),
Table 2 - "media-col" Member Attributes provides a Conformance column. It
is unclear whether the conformance assertions in that table and in the
member attribute definition subsections of 5.3.1 are specifying Client or
Printer conformance requirements. From consulting with Mike Sweet, it seems
that it is by convention a Printer conformance requirement.

It isn't clear from the current or previous definition, but all the members
are OPTIONAL - there is no minimum set of member attributes the Client has
to supply.

Link: http://www.pwg.org/issues/95

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp