Subject: [IPP] Fwd: [TLS] Fwd: Working Group Last Call: QUIC protocol drafts -30/-17

From: Ira McDonald via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 17:01:07 -0400

FYI

Note that QUIC and HTTP/3.0 have no direct relevance for IPP-based Imaging
Systems.

Cheers,
- Ira

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 5:45 AM
Subject: [TLS] Fwd: Working Group Last Call: QUIC protocol drafts -30/-17
To: <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>, HTTP Working Group <[email-masked]>

FYI, and apologies for the slightly delayed forward. Please comment on
GitHub (per below) or email [email-masked] <[email-masked]>.

Thanks,
Lars (for the QUIC WG chairs)

Begin forwarded message:

*From: *Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
*Subject: **Working Group Last Call: QUIC protocol drafts -30/-17*
*Date: *September 17, 2020 at 10:51:54 GMT+3
*To: *QUIC WG <[email-masked]>

Hello,

this email announces a Working Group Last Call (WGLC) for the following
QUIC documents:

* QUIC Transport
 https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-transport-30

* QUIC Loss Detection and Congestion Control
 https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-recovery-30

* Using TLS to Secure QUIC
 https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-tls-30

* Version-Independent Properties of QUIC
 https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-invariants-30

* HTTP/3
 https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-http-30

* QPACK Header Compression for HTTP/3
 https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-quic-qpack-17

The WGLC will run for one week, ending on 24 September 2020.

Please review the documents above and open individual issues for each of
your review comments in our repository at
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts. You may also send comments to
[email-masked], but we'd appreciate individual GitHub issues if at all
possible.

As a reminder, we have been operating under the Late-Stage Process; see
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#late-stage-process.
In theory, this means that the contents of the drafts above already have
consensus. However, the Chairs would like to actively reaffirm that
consensus and start the process of wider review through a formal WGLC.
Issues raised during WGLC will be handled in accordance with the Late-Stage
Process defined in the Contribution Guidelines (see link above). Please
note that design issues that revisit a topic where there's already declared
consensus (see
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues?q=is%3Aclosed+label%3Ahas-consensus)
need to provide compelling reasons to warrant reopening the discussion.

As part of this WGLC, we seek consensus on the following remaining open
design issues and their proposed resolutions:

* #4099: Should invalid TP result in FRAME_ENCODING_ERROR?
 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4099
 Proposed resolution: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4100

* #4087: Conflicting error codes
 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4087
 Proposed resolution: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4088

* #4076: IP restrictions on Tokens makes them of limited use for
non-anycast DNS load balancing
 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4076
 Proposed resolution: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4089
 (Note that PR #4089 was already merged by mistake; if the WGLC determines
there
 is no consensus, this will be rolled back.)

Cheers,
Lars, Lucas and Mark
QUIC WG Chairs

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls
_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp