Subject: [IPP] [PWG5100.7] Issue #110: 5.3.1.16: Update "media-size-name" normative requirements for Printers

From: Smith Kennedy via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 21:11:44 +0000 (UTC)

[Issue Unconfirmed]

Section 5.3.1.16 "media-size-name" says this:

The RECOMMENDED "media-size-name" member attribute defines the media size
using a PWG media size name [PWG5101.1] instead of the dimensions in the
"media-size" member attribute. Clients and Printers MUST NOT specify both
the "media-size" and "media-size- name" member attributes in a collection.

While the Printer should list both to support both Clients that do and do
not support "media-size-name", the Client is supposed to only provide one
in the "media-col" Job Template attribute. But PWG specifications aren't
supposed to have normative requirements on Clients. So section 5.3.1.16
should instead say something like this:

The RECOMMENDED "media-size-name" member attribute defines the media size
using a PWG media size name [PWG5101.1] instead of the dimensions in the
"media-size" member attribute. A "media-col" Job Template attribute
collection cannot contain both "media-size" and "media-size-name". If a
Client supplies both of these member attributes, the Printer MUST reject
the request and return the
'client-error-attributes-or-values-not-supported' status code [STD92].

And section 5.5.32 should now include a statement like so:

A Printer SHOULD provide both "media-size" and "media-size-name" member
attributes in each collection.

Link: http://www.pwg.org/issues/110

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp