Subject: [IPP] [PWG5100.7] Issue #113: Section 5.5.32 "media-col-database": Clarify that rangeOfInteger values are allowed for "media-size" members

From: Smith Kennedy via ipp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 16:39:36 +0000 (UTC)

[Issue Unconfirmed]

The "media-size-supported" Printer Description attribute (section 5.5.46)
allows either "integer" or "rangeOfInteger" value syntax. But as defined
currently, "media-col-database" and "media-col-ready" use the definition of
"media-size" from 5.3.1.15, which only supports the "integer" syntax. It
was suggested that the reader should understand that the syntax types
supported by "media-size-supported" are understood to also be supported in
"media-size" in "media-col-database" and "media-col-ready", but that wasn't
clearly called out in 5.5.46 in either the prose or in the examples. Some
other universal print solutions overtly state and list examples showing
rangeOfInteger as being a supported syntax for "media-size" in
"media-col-database" and "media-col-ready".

Update section 5.5.46 with a paragraph stating that "rangeOfInteger" is
supported for the members of "media-size", and also update the example at
the bottom of page 43 with a collection illustrating a custom media size
that uses rangeOfInteger syntax.

(The tests in IPP Everywhere Self-Certification 1.1 Update 4 already
include tests that allow rangeOfInteger syntax.)

Link: http://www.pwg.org/issues/113

_______________________________________________
ipp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.pwg.org/mailman/listinfo/ipp