Subject: [Ippm-ioam-ix-dt] IOAM Virtual Meeting, June 23rd, 2021

From: Tal Mizrahi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 09:29:58 +0300

IPPM IOAM Design Team
Virtual meeting
June 23rd, 2021, 06:00 UTC
Webex meeting

Attendees:
Frank Brockners, Greg Mirsky, Mickey Spiegel, Tal Mizrahi.

Minutes by Tal Mizrahi.

Summary
=======
- Frank will post an updated version of the data draft, that includes
all the changes that have been applied based on the IESG review.
- Tal will post an updated DEX draft that hopefully addresses the open
security issues.

Agenda
======
Tal: we want to discuss today the remaining issues in the data draft,
and the PR that was posted for the DEX draft. Any other issues?

Data draft
==========
Frank: pull request 224 includes all the updates. It looks like we
hopefully addressed all the comments. There was a problem in the
timesamp baseline - the epoch was wrong for one of the timestamp
formats. I changed it to point the relevant references instead of
re-defining it. There was also a comment to avoid referencing IEEE
1588, and use RFC 8877 instead. It is a downref, but not a real
problem.
Tal: is there anything else we still need to do?
Frank: the PR has been around for a week. We can post it and see if
there are further comments. I will go ahead and post it.
Tal: sounds good.
Frank: the only open thing is the reference to the integrity draft.
Shwetha has been working on it a lot. There is one conflict there that
needs to be reviewed in order to merge the pull request. The data
draft, integrity draft, and deployment draft should be posted more or
less at the same time.

DEX draft
=========
Tal: there is a pull request that includes the security related
updates to the draft.
Frank: thanks for integrating my comments.
Tal: if there are no further comments I will post the draft in the
next few days and hopefully we can get some feedback before the IETF
meeting.
Frank: sure.
Tal: regarding the security issues in the flag draft - if the DEX
changes are accepted by the working group we can probably apply
similar changes to the flag draft. At this point let's wait for the
feedback about the DEX draft.
Frank: makes sense.
Frank: there is still the open issue about the DEX hop count/limit. I
will ping the WG chairs again to suggest a way to resolve this issue.
Frank: sounds good.