Subject: [ippm] CfP of HSNMC'02

From: conf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 10:20:48 +0200

Dear Sir,

Could you find attached the CfP of HSNMC'02.
See also http://iutsun1.colmar.uha.fr/HSNMC02.html

Regards,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 CALL FOR PAPERS
5th International Conference on
 High-Speed Networks and Multimedia Communications
HSNMC'02
July 3-5, 2002 – Jeju Island, Korea

 GENERAL INFORMATION 

The 2002 IEEE International Conference on High-Speed Networks and
Multimedia Communications is sponsored by the IEEE, IEE and WSES. ICHSN'02
is organized by academic, research and industrial societies will be held at
Jeju, Korea, from Wednesday July 3, 2002 to Friday July 5, 2002 (just after
the soccer World Cup).

Cheju (Jeju) island known as a place of fantasy or mystery is most
beautiful island in Korea and is located in the southwest sea of the Korean
peninsula and is highlighted for its uniqueness.

In order to encourage closer interaction between academic and industrial
networking research communities, we solicit both academic research papers
and industrial contributions. 

TOPICS OF SPECIAL INTEREST 

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following: 

Traffic models

LAN Emulation

IP over ATM, IPv6 over ATM 

VLANs 

High-Speed Routing 

I-PNNI, NHRP 

Java, Tina, Corba architectures 

Interconnection 

Network Management, performance 

CTI (Computer Telephony Integration) 

Multicast ATM and Internet/Intranet
 IP and ATM over xDSL
Security

IP and ATM Telephony 

Practical experiences results 

User applications 

Video (Davic, ...) 

QoS 

WDM 

Optical Switching 

Scheduling & Resource allocation 

Services over ATM
 
MPOA, IP Switching, MPLS, Tag Switching, Fast IP, Aris ...

Wireless ATM (LEO,MEO GEO, from GSM to UMTS and IMT2000 Hyperlan2, ...)

These topics can be discussed in term of concepts, state of the art,
standards, implementations, performance, security and confidentiality,
traffic management, running experiments, QoS (Quality of Service) and
applications. 

INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS 

Mail four copies of a full paper, which should be no longer than 10 pages
or an extended abstract summarizing an original work. All the manuscripts
must be written in English. The top of the first page of each paper should
include the title of the paper, authors' name, position, address, telephone
and fax numbers, e-mail of the author responsible for correspondence and a
list of four keywords. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged.
Acceptable formats are PDF, Postscript, RTF, and Word 97. Please use A4
paper format when formatting your submission! Authors of accepted papers
will later be required to submit a IEEE copyright form, please assure that
you have all necessary authorizations in place.

Authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit full-length
manuscripts for inclusion in the proceedings. 

All submitted papers should be sent to the following address: 

For the worldwide: 

Mike Myung-Ok LEE 

IDEC 

Dongshin University 

252 Daeho-Dong, Naju 

Chonnam, 520-714 Korea 

Phone:82(0)613-330-3195 Fax:82(0)613-330-2911 Mobile:82(0)16-612-2925 

E-mail: [email-masked]

For Europe : 

Pascal LORENZ 

University of Haute Alsace 

IUT - Department GTR 

34 rue du Grillenbreit 

68008 Colmar, France 

Phone: 33 (0)389202366 Fax: 33 (0)389202359 Mobile: 33 (0)603658042 

E-mail: [email-masked]

Check our Web page at http://iutsun1.colmar.uha.fr/HSNMC02.html for the
latest information concerning the conference. Best papers will be forwarded
for consideration in a special issue of the journal Telecommunication
Systems published by Baltzer Science Publishers. 

TUTORIALS AND WORKSHOPS 

Tutorials and workshops provide overviews of current high interest topics.
Proposals for half of full day tutorials are due by December 10, 2001. 

INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE 

R. Addie (Australia) - University of Southern Queensland 

K. Begain (Jordan) - Mu'tah University 

A. Benslimane (France) - University of Belfort 

B. Bing (Singapore) - Ngee Ann Polytechnic 

D. Bonjour (France) - CNET 

A. Brandwajn (USA) - University of California Santa Cruz 

J.P. Coudreuse (France) - Mitsubishi 

J. Crowcroft (UK) - University College London 

B. Gavish (USA) - Vanderbilt University 

J. Halpern (USA) - Newbridge 

Z. Hulicki (Poland) - University of Cracow 

R. Israel (France) - IEEE 

S. Komandur (USA) - Ascend Communications 

D. Kouvatsos (UK) - University of Bradford 

S. Kumar (USA) - Ericsson 

G.S. Kuo (Taiwan) - National Central University 

F. Le Faucheur (France) - Cisco 

M. Lee (Korea) - Dongshin University 

P. Lorenz (France) - University of Haute Alsace 

G. Omidyar (USA) - Computer Sciences Corp. 

J.J. Pansiot (France) - University of Strasbourg 

M. Potts (Switzerland) - Martel 

Z. Mammeri (France) - University of Toulouse 

N. Mastorakis (Greece) - Military Institutions of University Education 

S. Moyer (USA) - Bellcore 

R. Muraine (France) - Newbridge 

G. Pujolle (France) - University of Versailles-Saint-Quentin 

S. Rao (Switzerland) - Ascom 

A. Reid (UK) - British Telecom 

S. Ritzenthaler (France) - Newbridge 

P. Rolin (France) - ENST Bretagne 

R. Saracco (Italy) - CSELT 

G. Swallow (USA) - Cisco 

H. Tobiet (France) - Clemessy 

V.A. Villagra (Spain) - University of Madrid 

E. Vazquez Gallo (Spain) - University of Madrid 

IMPORTANT DATES 

Extended Abstract due: January 20, 2002 

Notification of acceptance: February 28, 2002

Deadline for full-length camera-ready manuscript: March 30, 2002

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm