Subject: [ippm] ICNP 2001

From: Constantinos Dovrolis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 21:39:18 -0400 (EDT)

Please note that the deadline for Advance Registration
is October 10.

-----

   9th International Conference on Network Protocols

			ICNP 2001
		Mission Inn, Riverside CA
		    November 11-14, 2001

Advance Program

Sunday, November 11

8:30-5:00        Full-day tutorial: `MPLS and the New Internet',
by Andre Danthine (University of Liege, Belgium)

8:30-12:00      Half-day tutorial A: `Peer-to-peer computing: the hype, the real
problems, and the quest for solutions',
by Krishna Kant, Ravi Iyer, and Vijay Tewari (Intel Corporation)

12:00-1:30      Lunch

1:30-5:00        Half-day tutorial B: `Web servers: implementation and
performance',
by Erich Nahum (IBM T. J. Watson Research Center)

Monday, November 12

8:30-9:00        Welcome
Satish Tripathi (conference chair), Magda El Zarki, Klara Nahrstedt (TPC chairs)

9:00-10:00      Keynote
`Future of the Internet', Randy Katz (UC-Berkeley)

10:00-10:30    Coffee Break

10:30-12:00    Session 1: Wireless
Distributed Token Circulation in mobile ad-hoc Networks,
Navneet Malpani, Nitin Vaidya, Jennifer Welch (Texas A&M University, USA)

On-demand Multi-path Distance Vector Routing in ad-hoc Networks,
Mahes Marina, Samir R. Das (University of Cincinnati, USA)

A Power Aware Optimization Scheme for Routing in Multi-hop Wireless Packet
Networks,
Javier Gormez, Andrew Campbell (Columbia University, USA)

Recursive Position Estimation in Sensory Networks,
Joe Albowicz, Alvin Chen, Lixia Zhang (UCLA, USA)

12:00-1:30      Lunch

1:30-3:00        Session 2: Routing
Adapting to Route-demand and Mobility (ARM) in Ad-hoc Network Routing,
Sungjoon Ahn, A. Udaya Snakar (University of Maryland, College Park, USA)

An Experimental Analysis of BGP Convergence Time,
Timothy G. Griffin (AT&T Research Labs, USA), Brian J. Premore (Dartmouth
College, USA)

QoS Routing Algorithms for Bandwidth-Delay Constrained Applications,
Yi Yang, Jogesh K. Muppala, Samuel T. Chanson (Hong Kong University of Science
and Technology, Hong Kong)

Routing Bandwidth Guaranteed Paths with Restoration in Label Switched Networks,
Samphel Norden (Washington University in St. Luis, USA),  Milind M. Buddhikot
(Lucent Bell Labs, USA),  Marcel Waldvogel (Washington University in St. Luis,
USA), Subhash Sure (University of California, Sata Barbara, USA)

3:00-3:30        Coffee Break

3:30-5:00        Session 3: Multicast
Source Filtering in IP Multicast Routing,
De-Nian Yang, Chang-Jung Kao, Wanjiun Liao (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)

Making QoS Aware Multicast Scalable in Terms of Link State Advertisement,
Toshihiko Kato (KDDI R&D Laboratories, Inc., Japan), Seiji Ueno, Shigeki
Mukaiyama (University of Electro-Communication, Japan), Kenji Suzuki (KDDI  R&D
Laboratories, Inc., Japan)

Channelization Problem in Large Scale Data Dissemination,
Micah Adler, Zihui Ge, James F. Kurose, Don Towsley  (University of
Massachusetts, USA), Stephen Zabele (Litton-TASC Inc., USA)

An Efficient QoS Routing for Quorum-cast Communication,
Bin Wang (Wright State University, USA), Jennifer C. Jou (Ohio State University,
USA)

Tuesday, November 13

8:30-10:00      Session 4: DiffServ
Dynamic Class Selection: From Relative Differentiation to Absolute QoS,
Constantinos Dovrolis (University of Delaware, USA), Parameswaran Ramanathan
(University of Wisconsin, USA)

Fundamental Tradeoff in Aggregate Packet Scheduling,
Zhi-Li Zhang, Zhenhai Duan (University of Minnesota, USA), Yiwei Thomas Hou
(Fujitsu Labs, USA)

A Memory based Approach for a TCP friendly Traffic Conditioner in DiffServ
Networks,
K.R. Renjish Kumar, A. L. Ananda, Lillykutty Jacob (National University of
Singapure, Singapure)

Drop Strategies and Loss Rate Differentiation,
Ulf Bodin, Olov Schelen (Lulea University of Technology, Sweden)

10:00-10:30    Coffee Break

10:30-12:00    Session 5: TCP
TCP friendly SIMD Congestion Control and Its Convergence Behavior,
Liang Guo, Ibrahim Matta (Boston University, USA)

Transport Level Mechanisms for Bandwidth Aggregation on Mobile Hosts,
Luiz Magalhaes, Robin Kravets (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA)

TCP over Load Reactive Links,
Rajesh Krishnan, James P.G. Sterbenz  (BBN Technologies, USA)

The War between Mice and Elephants,
Shudong Jin, Liang Guo, Ibrahim Matta, Azer Bestavros  (Boston University, USA)

12:00-1:30      Lunch

1:30-3:00        Panel 1: End of the end-to-end argument?

3:00-3:30        Coffee Break

3:30-5:00        Session 6: QoS
Controlling Hihg-Bandwidth Flows at the Congested Routers,
Ratul Mahajan (ICSI and University of Washington, USA), Sally Floyd (ICSI, USA),
David Wetherall (University of Washington, USA)

Optimal Admission Control for Scheduling High-Data Rate Burst in a Wideband
CDMA,
Yu-Kwong Kwok, Vincent K.N. Lau (University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong)

Providing Quality of Service without Per-Flow State,
Jorge A. Cobb (University of Texas at Dallas, USA)

Comparative Evaluation of Software Implementation of Layer-4 Packet Class
Schemes,
Vivek Sahasranaman (Fast Forward Networks, Inc., USA), Milind M. Buddhikot
(Lucent Bell Labs, USA)

Wednesday, November 14

8:30-10:00      Session 7: Security
Dynamic Buffer Limiting (DBL): QoS Protection in High-Speed Networks,
Fusun Ertemalp, David R. Cheriton, Andreas Bechtolsheim (Cisco Systems, Inc.)

Fast Firewall Implementations for Software and Hardware based Routers,
Lili Qiu (Microsoft Research), George Varghese (University of California, San
Diego), Subhash Suri (University of California, Santa Barbara)

Providing Robust and Ubiquitous Security Support for MANET,
Jiejun Kong, Petros Zerfos, Haiyun Luo, Songwu Lu, Lixia Zhang (UCLA, USA)

Scalable Secure Group Communication over IP Multicast,
Suman Banerjee, Bobby Bhattacharjee (University of Maryland, College Park)

10:00-10:30    Coffee Break

10:30-12:00    Session 8: Servers
Responder Anonymity and Anonymous Peer-to-Peer File Sharing,
Vincent R. Scarlata, Brian Neil Levine (University of Massachusetts, USA)

Scalable Socket Buffer Tuning for High-Performance Web Server,
Go Hasegawa, Go Hasegawa, Tasuhiko Terai, Takuya Okamoto, Masayuki Murata (Osaka
University, USA)

Evaluation of a Novel Two-Step Server Selection Metric,
Katrina M. Hanna, Nandini Natarajan, Brian Neil Levine (University of
Massachusetts, USA)

Finding Close Friends on the Internet,
Christopher Kommareddy, Narendar Shankar, Bobby Bhattacharjee (University of
Maryland, College Park, USA)

12:00-1:30      Lunch

1:30-3:00        Panel 2: Peer-to-Peer computing

3:00-3:30        Coffee Break

3:30-5:00        Session 9: Traffic Management
Internet User Access via Dial-up-Networks - Traffic Characterization and
Statistics,
Ron Hutchins, Ellen W. Zegura, Andrew Liashenko, Philip H. Enslow Jr. (Georgia
Institute of Technology, USA)

Fast and Robust Signaling Overload Control,
Sneha Kumar Kasera, C. Loader, M. Karaul, A. Hari, T. LaPorta (Lucent Bell Labs,
USA)

Robust Congestion Control,
David Ely, Neil Spring, David Wetherall, Stefan Savage, Tom Andreson
(University of Washington, USA)

Second Order Rate Control Based Transport,
Xi Zhang, Kang G. Shin (University of Michigan, USA)

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm