Subject: [ippm] ICNP 2001

From: Constantinos Dovrolis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 12:20:07 -0400 (EDT)

Our apologies if you receive multiple copies. Just a reminder
for the upcoming ICNP conference at Riverside in November.

!!!! The deadline for advance registration is October 10 !!!!
     Please make your hotel and travel arrangements as early
     as possible.

------

	9th International Conference on Network Protocols
			    ICNP 2001
		   Mission Inn, Riverside CA
		      November 11-14, 2001

			 Advance Program

Sunday, November 11

7:30-8:30        Breakfast

8:30-5:00        Full-day tutorial: `MPLS and the New Internet',
by Andre Danthine (University of Liege, Belgium)

8:30-12:00      Half-day tutorial A: `Peer-to-peer computing: the hype, the real
problems, and the quest for solutions',
by Krishna Kant, Ravi Iyer, and Vijay Tewari (Intel Corporation)

12:00-1:30      Lunch

1:30-5:00        Half-day tutorial B: `Web servers: implementation and
performance',
by Erich Nahum (IBM T. J. Watson Research Center)

Monday, November 12

7:30-8:30        Breakfast

8:30-9:00        Welcome
Satish Tripathi (conference chair), Magda El Zarki and Klara Nahrstedt (TPC chairs)

9:00-10:00      Keynote
`Future of the Internet', Randy Katz (UC-Berkeley)

10:00-10:30    Coffee Break

10:30-12:00    Session 1: Wireless , Session Chair: Andrew Campbell
Distributed Token Circulation in mobile ad-hoc Networks,
Navneet Malpani (Intel), Nitin Vaidya (UIUC, USA), Jennifer Welch (Texas A&M, USA)

On-demand Multi-path Distance Vector Routing in ad-hoc Networks,
Mahesh Marina, Samir R. Das (University of Cincinnati, USA)

PARO: A Power Aware Optimization Scheme for Routing in Multi-hop Wireless Packet
Networks,
J.Gormez, A.Campbell (Columbia University, USA), M. Naghshineh, C. Bisdikian,
(IBM T.J. Watson Research Center)

Recursive Position Estimation in Sensory Networks,
Joe Albowicz, Alvin Chen, Lixia Zhang (UCLA, USA)

12:00-1:30      Lunch (on your own)

1:30-3:00        Session 2: Routing, Session Chair: Marco Schneider
Adapting to Route-demand and Mobility (ARM) in Ad-hoc Network Routing,
Sungjoon Ahn, A. Udaya Snakar (University of Maryland, College Park, USA)

An Experimental Analysis of BGP Convergence Time,
Timothy G. Griffin (AT&T Research Labs, USA), Brian J. Premore (Dartmouth
College, USA)

QoS Routing Algorithms for Bandwidth-Delay Constrained Applications,
Yi Yang, Jogesh K. Muppala, Samuel T. Chanson (Hong Kong University of Science
and Technology, Hong Kong)

Routing Bandwidth Guaranteed Paths with Restoration in Label Switched Networks,
Samphel Norden (Washington University in St. Luis, USA),  Milind M. Buddhikot
(Lucent Bell Labs, USA),  Marcel Waldvogel (IBM Zurich Research Laboratory,
Switzerland), Subhash Suri (University of California, Santa Barbara, USA)

3:00-3:30        Coffee Break

3:30-5:00        Session 3: Multicast, Session Chair: Robin Kravets
Source Filtering in IP Multicast Routing,
De-Nian Yang, Chang-Jung Kao, Wanjiun Liao (National Taiwan University, Taiwan)

Making QoS Aware Multicast Scalable in Terms of Link State Advertisement,
Toshihiko Kato (KDDI R&D Laboratories, Inc., Japan), Seiji Ueno, Shigeki
Mukaiyama (University of Electro-Communication, Japan), Kenji Suzuki (KDDI  R&D
Laboratories, Inc., Japan)

Channelization Problem in Large Scale Data Dissemination,
Micah Adler, Zihui Ge, James F. Kurose, Don Towsley  (University of
Massachusetts, USA), Stephen Zabele (Litton-TASC Inc., USA)

An Efficient QoS Routing for Quorum-cast Communication,
Bin Wang (Wright State University, USA), Jennifer C. Jou (Ohio State University, USA)

5:30-9:00        Reception at Riverside Citrus State Park  (busses leave at 5:30PM)

Tuesday, November 13

7:30-8:30        Breakfast

8:30-10:00      Session 4: DiffServ, Session Chair: Ibrahim Matta
Dynamic Class Selection: From Relative Differentiation to Absolute QoS,
Constantinos Dovrolis (University of Delaware, USA), Parameswaran Ramanathan
(University of Wisconsin, USA)

Fundamental Tradeoff in Aggregate Packet Scheduling,
Zhi-Li Zhang, Zhenhai Duan (University of Minnesota, USA), Yiwei Thomas Hou
(Fujitsu Labs, USA)

A Memory based Approach for a TCP friendly Traffic Conditioner in DiffServ
Networks,
K.R. Renjish Kumar, A. L. Ananda, Lillykutty Jacob (National University of
Singapure, Singapure)

Drop Strategies and Loss Rate Differentiation,
Ulf Bodin, Olov Schelen (Lulea University of Technology, Sweden)

10:00-10:30    Coffee Break

10:30-12:00    Session 5: TCP, Session Chair: Lixia Zhang
TCP friendly SIMD Congestion Control and Its Convergence Behavior,
Shudong Jin, Liang Guo, Ibrahim Matta, Azer Bestavros  (Boston University, USA)

Transport Level Mechanisms for Bandwidth Aggregation on Mobile Hosts,
Luiz Magalhaes, Robin Kravets (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA)

TCP over Load Reactive Links,
Rajesh Krishnan, James P.G. Sterbenz  (BBN Technologies, USA)

The War between Mice and Elephants,
Liang Guo, Ibrahim Matta (Boston University, USA)

12:00-1:30      Lunch

1:30-3:00        Panel 1: End of the end-to-end argument?

3:00-3:30        Coffee Break

3:30-5:00        Session 6: QoS , Session Chair: Michalis Faloutsos
Controlling Hihg-Bandwidth Flows at the Congested Routers,
Ratul Mahajan (ICSI and University of Washington, USA), Sally Floyd (ICSI, USA),
David Wetherall (University of Washington, USA)

Optimal Admission Control for Scheduling High-Data Rate Burst in a Wideband CDMA,
Yu-Kwong Kwok, Vincent K.N. Lau (University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong)

Providing Quality of Service without Per-Flow State,
Jorge A. Cobb (University of Texas at Dallas, USA)

Comparative Evaluation of Software Implementation of Layer-4 Packet Class Schemes,
Vivek Sahasranaman (Fast Forward Networks, Inc., USA), Milind M. Buddhikot
(Lucent Bell Labs, USA)

Wednesday, November 14

7:30-8:30        Breakfast

8:30-10:00      Session 7: Security, Session Chair: Gene Tsudik
Using Dynamic Buffer Limiting to Protect Against Belligerent Flows in High-speed
Networks,
Fusun Ertemalp, David R. Cheriton, Andreas Bechtolsheim (Cisco Systems, Inc.)

Fast Firewall Implementations for Software and Hardware based Routers,
Lili Qiu (Microsoft Research), George Varghese (University of California, San
Diego), Subhash Suri (University of California, Santa Barbara)

Providing Robust and Ubiquitous Security Support for MANET,
Jiejun Kong, Petros Zerfos, Haiyun Luo, Songwu Lu, Lixia Zhang (UCLA, USA)

Scalable Secure Group Communication over IP Multicast,
Suman Banerjee, Bobby Bhattacharjee (University of Maryland, College Park)

10:00-10:30    Coffee Break

10:30-12:00    Session 8: Servers, Session Chair: Nina Bhatti
Responder Anonymity and Anonymous Peer-to-Peer File Sharing,
Vincent R. Scarlata, Brian Neil Levine (University of Massachusetts, USA), Clay
Shields (Georgetown University, USA)

Scalable Socket Buffer Tuning for High-Performance Web Server,
Go Hasegawa, Tasuhiko Terai, Takuya Okamoto, Masayuki Murata (Osaka University,
USA)

Evaluation of a Novel Two-Step Server Selection Metric,
Katrina M. Hanna, Nandini Natarajan, Brian Neil Levine (University of
Massachusetts, USA)

Finding Close Friends on the Internet,
Christopher Kommareddy, Narendar Shankar, Bobby Bhattacharjee (University of
Maryland, College Park, USA)

12:00-1:30      Lunch (on your own)

1:30-3:00        Panel 2: Impact of Peer-to-Peer networking

3:00-3:30        Coffee Break

3:30-5:00        Session 9: Traffic Management, Session Chair: Ljiljana Trajkovic
Internet User Access via Dial-up-Networks - Traffic Characterization and
Statistics,
Ron Hutchins, Ellen W. Zegura, Andrew Liashenko, Philip H. Enslow Jr. (Georgia
Institute of Technology, USA)

Fast and Robust Signaling Overload Control,
Sneha Kumar Kasera, C. Loader, M. Karaul, A. Hari, T. LaPorta (Lucent Bell Labs,
USA)

Robust Congestion Control,
David Ely, Neil Spring, David Wetherall, Stefan Savage, Tom Andreson
(University of Washington, USA)

Second-Order Rate-Control Based Transport Protocols,
Xi Zhang, Kang G. Shin (University of Michigan, USA)

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm