Subject: [ippm] measurement infrastructure

From: Victor Reijs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:00:09 +0100

Hello all of you,

I have been bothering you already earlier with the TF-NGN ideas. So I
keep on doing this;-)
The document on QoS and SLS auditing (from an application perspective)
is now final (but the work is still on going of course), see:
http://www.dante.net/tf-ngn/D9.4.pdf

The important issue I would like to discuss further with you all is that
I would like to see the measurement infrastructure being build in some
way. 
I would like to get the generic rules/ideas on the table for such a
generic measurement infrastructure, just to direct the minds for
implementing these things.

I have some ideas, but I am sure I will not be the only one, so please
react! Beside the above mentioned document, I had a presentation at the
TF-NGN in Athens last week and that gave a summary of the ideas on this
measurement infrastructure (see attached file).

So the question to you; let me know your ideas/feedback/etc. If people
are
already working on these lines, please let me know (I don't want to
duplicate work!). So any feedback to pursue this measurement
infrastructure are welcome.

Thanks for your feedback.

All the best,

Victor

P.S. At this moment I am not looking at specific implementations (like
Surveyor, RIPE, Chariot, etc., etc.), but the model for the measurement
infrastructure.