Subject: [ippm] On draft-ietf-ippm-ipdv-07.txt (fwd)

From: "Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE-NCC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:48:07 +0200 (CEST)

Phil, others,

We're in the process of implementing this draft and discovered this
inconsistency:

----
4.4. Definition
   [...]
   Therefore, for a real number ddT "The type-P-one-way-ipdv from Src to
   Dst at T1, T2 is ddT" means that Src sent two packets, the first at
   wire-time T1 (first bit), and the second at wire-time T2 (first bit)
   and the packets were received by Dst at wire-time dT1+T1 (last bit of
   the first packet), and at wire-time dT2+T2 (last bit of the second
   packet), and that dT2-dT1=ddT.

----

4.6. Methodologies
   [...]

   +  If the packet meets the criterion for the second packet for the
      second packet, then by subtracting the second value of One-Way-
      Delay from the first value the ipdv value of the pair of packets
      is obtained.  Otherwise, packets continue to be generated until
      the criterion for the second packet is fulfilled or I2, whichever
      comes first.

---

IOW, in 4.4:  ddT=dT2-dT1,
     in 4.6:  ddT=dT1-dT2

This doesn't really matter for the overall results but I think this
inconsistency should be fixed,

Henk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                    Email: [email-masked]
RIPE Network Coordination Centre     WWW: http://www.ripe.net/home/henk
Singel 258                         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1016 AB Amsterdam                    Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands                   Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as you don't tell your friends how I played the hand,
then I won't tell my friends how you defended it.                 (Anonymous)

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailhost.advanced.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: Philip Chimento <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:20:13 -0400

Hi Henk: 
Thanks. Actually, I am just about to start on the final version of 
this document and I hope to get a "last call" version out soon. 
If you run across any more errors or inconsistencies, please let me know
asap and I'll fix them in the final version. 

Groetjes, Phil Chimento
-- 
Phil Chimento             Ericsson IPI
Phone: 240-314-3597	  7301 Calhoun Place
[email-masked]   Rockville, Md. 20855
-----------------------------------------------------