Subject: [ippm] Method of measuring bandwidth of Golden Service Class?

From: Jing Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:39:49 +0800 (CST)

Hi,

As I know some ISPs enable QoS in their network. And,
serveral service classes (Real time, Golden, Silver,
Bronze , Best Effort)  are provided to customers.

Beside measuring e2e QoS parameters like delay,
jitter, is there any method available to measure
bandwidth used or bandwidth available on each service
class ?

regards

Jing Shen

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
150万曲MP3疯狂搜，带您闯入音乐殿堂
http://cn.rd.yahoo.com/mail_cn/tag/yisou/music/*http://music.yisou.com/
美女明星应有尽有，搜遍美图、艳图和酷图
http://cn.rd.yahoo.com/mail_cn/tag/yisou/image/*http://image.yisou.com
1G就是1000兆，雅虎电邮自助扩容！
http://cn.rd.yahoo.com/mail_cn/tag/1g/*http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/event/mail_1g/

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: "Philip F. Chimento Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 21:45:36 -0400

Hello Jing:
I haven't seen anything in the literature about a method for doing 
this. Measuring bandwidth and available bandwidth is difficult enough. 
It seems to me that you would need to have some mechanism in the 
routers (or possibly compute it from paramters kept in some of the 
MIBs). Perhaps someone on the list knows of some work in this area?

Regards,
Phil Chimento