Subject: [ippm] Individual internet draft--(draft-liang-multiparty-para-00.txt)

From: Lei Liang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:17:45 +0100

To whom it may concern

Dear Sir/lady,
  My name is Lei Liang. I was encouraged by the IPPM working group to
submit an Individual internet draft for the multiparty communication
parameters and metrics. the file name is
draft-liang-multiparty-para-00.txt. Please find the enclosed draft. the
abstract is shown below.

Abstract
   The purpose of this memo is to highlight the new QoS requirements of
   the multiparty communication services in terms of measurement
   parameters.  It tries to derive a set of parameter metrics from the
   existing one-way metrics in IP Performance metrics IPPM [2] [3] [4] 
   for the multiparty communications to present these new requirements.
   These parameter metrics are supposed to provide methods and rules for
   engineers to measure and judge the QoS of the multiparty
   communications.

Thank you very much for your concern.

Best regards,
lei Liang

-- 
CCSR, University of Surrey
Lei Liang
email:[email-masked]
Tel: +44 (0)1483686013

_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked] 
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm

---

From: "Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE NCC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:27:50 +0200 (CEST)

Dear All,

Lei Liang wrote:

> I was encouraged by the IPPM working group to submit an Individual
> internet draft for the multiparty communication parameters and metrics.

Technically speaking, only the chairs encouraged him to do so after he
asked us if this was appropriate for the WG. In any case, we'd like to
hear comments both on the draft and the question whether IPPM should pick
this up as work item.

Kind regards,

Henk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.amsterdamned.org/~henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a room with a window in the corner, I found truth.            (Ian Curtis)