Subject: [ippm] Comparism of metrics

From: "Geib, Ruediger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 08:27:32 +0200

Hello Henk, 

there has been no discussion on the list since while and I assume 
comparing metrics still is an open issue. A point I was concerned 
about is how to compare probes of different probe sizes (say one 
of 100 000 probes measured with system 1 as compared to one of 
10 000 probes measured by system 2 during the same time interval 
T). A possibility is to create 10 probe sets of 10 000 probes of 
the first set and then compare the statistical properties of 
samples of the same size only. One obviously has to pick the 10 
probe sets with a reasonable function, as each set must be 
represenative for the entire time interval T.  

Regards,

Rudiger
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm