Subject: [ippm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-ippm-delay-var-as-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 13:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Packet Delay Variation Applicability Statement
	Author(s)       : A. Morton, B. Claise
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ippm-delay-var-as-01.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2008-07-13

Packet delay variation metrics appear in many different standards
documents.  The metric definition in RFC 3393 has considerable
flexibility, and it allows multiple formulations of delay variation
through the specification of different packet selection functions.

Although flexibility provides wide coverage and room for new ideas,
it can make comparisons of independent implementations more
difficult.  Two different formulations of delay variation have come
into wide use in the context of active measurements.  This memo
examines a range of circumstances for active measurements of delay
variation and their uses, and recommends which of the two forms is
best matched to particular conditions and tasks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ippm-delay-var-as-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
ippm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ippm