Subject: [ippm] TRICANS 2014 CFP - 2nd IEEE Workshop on Traffic Identification and Classification for Advanced Network Services and Scenarios (TRICANS) ICC 2014 Workshop

From: Alessio Botta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 17:37:42 +0100

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPER 2nd IEEE Workshop on Traffic Identification and 
Classification for Advanced Network Services and Scenarios (TRICANS)
ICC 2014 Workshop
Sidney - 14 June 2014
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd IEEE Workshop on Traffic Identification and Classification for 
Advanced Network Services and Scenarios (TRICANS) - ICC 2014 Workshop
http://www.grid.unina.it/TRICANS2014

*** Scope and Topics of Interest ***
The 2014 IEEE ICC TRICANS Workshop will provide an excellent 
international forum for sharing state-of-the-art advances and 
experiences in scientific research on Internet traffic identification 
and classification and their associated applications on advanced network 
scenarios and novel network services. TRICANS 2014 will explicitly 
consider traffic identification and classification as well as management 
issues related to novel and very challenging scenarios, such as Software 
Defined Networking (SDN). The 2014 IEEE International Conference on 
Communications (ICC) will be held in the beautiful city of Sydney, 
Australia from 10-14 June 2014. Themed "Communications: The Centrepoint 
of the Digital Economy," this flagship conference of IEEE Communications 
Society will feature a comprehensive technical program including twelve 
Symposia and a number of Tutorials and Workshops. IEEE ICC 2014 will 
also include an exceptional expo program including keynote speakers and 
an Industry Forum & Exhibition. IEEE ICC is one of the flagship 
conferences of the IEEE Communications Society and it attracts about 
2-3.000 submitted scientific papers. IEEE ICC is therefore one of the 
most significant scientific events of the networking and communications 
community with a great visibility for published papers.
The ever-growing network link speeds have reached hundreds of Gbps and 
they are quickly approaching to Tbps in the core network. In order to 
support accurate network profiling of users and services, ISPs have been 
relying on Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), computational intelligence 
techniques, or other behavioral analysis of the Internet traffic. 
However, there are still a number of challenges in this field. On one 
hand, new networked applications come daily into play bringing massive 
amounts of traffic data to be processed in real-time. Such traffic 
volume keeps pushing industry and academia researchers to develop 
affordable yet efficient traffic identification and classification 
systems. To this end, there are demands for high-performance distributed 
and parallel traffic classification systems for either commodity or 
special-purposed hardware platforms. Dealing with encrypted traffic is 
of particular interest and is also very challenging. On the other hand, 
in the long-term, such solutions for traffic profiling will become part 
of the network management tools and techniques portfolio available for 
advanced network services. Also, new architectures and their supporting 
technologies, such as SDN, information- and content-centric networking 
architectures will require network profiling services to enable robust 
and dynamic networking services capabilities.
To address these research challenges, this workshop will focus on 
theory, tools, techniques, and applications of traffic identification 
and classification systems to enable advanced support for 
next-generation networking architectures, services, and scenarios. The 
topics covered by the workshop include, but are not limited to, the 
following:
- Measurement and modelling of Internet traffic for advanced networked 
services
- Network and system troubleshooting through traffic classification 
mechanisms
- Network profiling of users and networked applications
- Security and privacy in traffic identification and classification 
mechanisms
- Lightweight technologies for DPI in routers and middle-boxes
- DPI technologies support for virtual networks and cloud computing 
management
- Profiling network traffic in data center networks and cloud computing 
systems
- Inferring and assessing Quality of Experience (QoE) of users and services
- Novel visualization techniques for traffic classification and analysis
- Packet processing support in operating systems for novel line-rate 
network services
- Management of large network traffic data sets
- SDN approaches for network performance monitoring
- Traffic classification in SDN network elements and controllers

*** Submission Guidelines ***
Prospective authors are encouraged to submit a full paper (5 pages) for 
review. Only original papers that have not been published or submitted 
for publication elsewhere will be considered. Submit your papers through 
EDAS. These submissions should follow the IEEE ICC 2014 formatting 
guidelines, templates for which are available at the main conference web 
page. The maximum paper length is of five (5) pages.

*** Important Dates ***
15 December 2013: Paper submission deadline on EDAS
30 January 2014: Reviews Completed
20 February 2014: Paper Acceptance Notification
15 March 2014: Camera Ready copies submitted.
Workshop date: 14 June 2014

*** Workshop General Chairs ***
Stenio Fernandes, Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
Antonio Pescapé, University of Napoli ''Federico II'', Napoli, Italy
Géza Szabó, Ericsson Traffic Laboratory, Budapest, Hungary

*** Publicity Chair ***
Alessio Botta, University of Napoli ''Federico II'', Napoli, Italy

*** Technical Program Committee ***
Alberto Dainotti, CAIDA, USA
Alessio Botta, University of Napoli Federico II
Artur Ziviani, LNCC, Brazil
Carlos Kamienski, UFABC, Brazil
Djamel Sadok, UFPE, Brazil
Domenico Ficara, University of Pisa, Italy
Fabian Schneider, NEC Lab
Istvan Godor, Ericsson, Hungary
Jason Zurawski, Energy Sciences Network (ESnet), USA
José Augusto Suruagy, UFPE, Brazil
Hyun-chul Kim, Seoul National University, South Korea
László Toka, Ericsson, Hungary
Maurizio Dusi, NEC, Germany
Marco Mellia, Polito, Italy
Marinho Barcelos, UFRGS, Brazil
Myung-Sup Kim, Korea University
Nur Zincir-Heywood, Dalhousie University, Canada
Philippe Owezarski, CNRS, France
Rafael Antonello, Federal Institute of Technology (AL), Brazil
Sándor Molnár, Budapest University of Technology and Economics,, Hungary
Youngjoon Won, Korea University

*** Workshop website address ***
http://www.grid.unina.it/TRICANS2014
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Alessio Botta, PhD
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Elettrica e delle Tecnologie dell'Informazione
Università degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II"
Via Claudio 21 -- 80125 Napoli (Italy) [Room 3.09]
Phone: +390817683865 - Fax: +390817683816
Skypeid: alessiobotta
Email: [email-masked]
[email-masked]
WWW: http://wpage.unina.it/a.botta