Subject: [ippm] Call for papers - IEEE SDN Architecture and Applications 2014

From: Anura Jayasumana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 08:48:32 -0700

CALL FOR PAPERS

IEEE SDN Architecture and Applications 2014
1st IEEE WoWMoM Workshop on Software Defined Networking Architecture and
Applications

www.cnrl.colostate.edu/sdnwmom2014/ 
<http://www.cnrl.colostate.edu/sdnwmom2014/>

To be held in conjunction with IEEE WoWMoM 2014

June 16, 2014 - Sydney, Australia

Submission Deadline March 7, 2014

In recent years SDN (Software Defined Networking) has emerged as an
exciting area of research which is challenging the  current networking
paradigm of designing and managing computer networks.  SDN has the
potential to revolutionize not only the way networks are built but can
lead to emergence of new applications that were not hitherto possible.
This workshop is aimed at providing a platform for researchers and
practitioners to share their learnings and latest research results in
this emerging area and its novel applications.  We solicit  papers with
focus on theory and empirical data that would demonstrate significant
advancement in the state of the art and stimulate research in broad
areas of SDN and its applications. Authors can consider submitting
papers  in following areas but are not limited to:

SDN Controller Architecture
Network Virtualization and Abstraction for SDN
SDN Application Development for wireless, mobile and multimedia networks
SDN applications in Data Centers, enterprise and Service Provider
Networks
Advancement in South-bound APIs for network programming
Advancement in North-bound APIs for application programming.
Co-existence of SDN and traditional networks
Security in SDN networks
Performance Analysis of single and multi-controller architectures
Theoretical foundation of separation of control and data plane
architecture
Tools for Management and Troubleshooting of SDN based networks
Application-aware network design using SDN
Virtualization of Wireless and Mobile network services to enable
programmability
Robust protocols for controller to network element and network element
to controller communication in wireless/mobile environment

PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION

Papers should neither have been published elsewhere nor being currently
under review by another conference or journal. Manuscripts are limited
to 6 pages, single spacing, double column, and must strictly adhere to
the template format.  Accepted papers will appear in the symposium
proceedings published by IEEE. There will be no separate workshop
registration, as one single registration will cover both conference and
workshops participation. At least one author of each accepted paper is
required and present his/her work at the workshop.

IMPORTANT DATES

Full papers due:          March 7, 2014

Notification:             April 15, 2014

Workshop:                 June 16, 2014

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Workshop Chairs:

Tarun Banka,                  Cisco Systems, San Jose, CA
Anura Jayasumana,       Colorado State University,  Fort Collins, CO

TPC Committee:

Eric Keller                University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA
Swades De               Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi, India
Nischal Piratla      Xerox Research Center, Bangalore, India
David Meyer          Brocade Systems, USA
Adrian Farrel        Juniper Networks and Old Dog Consulting, USA
                                 IETF Routing Area Director
Manoj Pandey     Cisco Systems, CA, USA
Angela Nicoara    Deutsche Telekom Innovation Laboratories, CA, USA
Eddie Ruan           Cisco Systems, CA, USA
Petros Zerfos       IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
Cristian Lumezanu   NEC-Labs, Princeton, NJ, USA
Mohamed El Gendy  Ericsson,  CA,  USA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------