Subject: [ippm] metric registry url and related format / automation question

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 12:37:40 +0200

Hi,

every registry entry has a set of identifiers:

- a number (registry unique)
- a (longish) name (registry unique)
- a URN (a concatenation of the name with a registry prefix) (globally unique)
- a URL to point to something retrivable

The last one seems rather underspecified. Is the URL pointing to a web
page that is intended for humans to read about the metric or is the
idea that I get a machine readable version of the registry entry? In
the later case, the format would have to be defined somehow. I guess
the underlying question is whether tools are expected to access the
registry in order to for example dynamically learn about the possible
parameters (and their data types) for a metric or is the idea that
essentially the conversion of the registry content into running code
is a manual process?

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>