Subject: [ippm] Protocol Action: 'Initial Performance Metrics Registry Entries' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ippm-initial-registry-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 08:54:30 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Initial Performance Metrics Registry Entries'
  (draft-ietf-ippm-initial-registry-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Performance Measurement Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-initial-registry/

Technical Summary

   This memo defines the set of Initial Entries for the IANA Performance
   Metrics Registry (defined in draft-ietf-ippm-metric-registry).
   The set includes, UDP Round-trip Latency and Loss,
   Packet Delay Variation, DNS Response Latency and Loss, UDP Poisson
   One-way Delay and Loss, UDP Periodic One-way Delay and Loss, ICMP
   Round-trip Latency and Loss, and TCP round-trip Latency and Loss.

   As the document provides an initial registry, the content is determined
   both by initial requirements from the LMAP working group (which has
   since concluded, taking a direction that no longer requires the registry)
   as well as an analysis within the WG of commonly used metrics.

Working Group Summary

   The document has been discussed extensively in the WG, and has had 
   significant input from the community.

Document Quality

  The document does not specify a protocol. The design of the registry 
  (in draft-ietf-ippm-metric-registry) was "tested" by the entries in the initial
  registry, and both of these have received early IANA review together.

Personnel

  Brian Trammell is the Document Shepherd. Mirja Kuehlewind is the Responsible Area
  Director.