Subject: Submission of new I-D: draft-riegel-ipr-practicies-00.txt

From: Max Riegel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:30:23 +0200

Dear IETF-Editor,

I would like to submit the following Internet Draft to the IETF.

Please retrieve the full document by:
http://www.max.franken.de/ids/draft-riegel-ipr-practicies-00.txt

It is a individual submission aimed for further discussion in the IPR BOF.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abstract

    IPRs in standards have been in discussion for many years.  The legal
    aspects of patents and benefits and drawbacks for standards
    development organizations do not allow simple solutions.  Most SDOs
    dealing with communication standards are following the concept of
    Open Standards.  Among its principles are the issues of 'Open IPR'
    and 'Open Use'.

    This memo focuses on the methods the IETF is achieving 'Open IPR' and
    'Open Use' and expresses some possible extensions to the procedures
    of the IETF to enable consideration of IPR covered proposals for
    restricted areas in a well structured way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind regards
Max

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg