Subject: Re: Request for re-charter of the IETF IPR working group

From: Peter Vandenabeele <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:06:08 +0100

James,

Some time ago (16 Nov 2002), you wrote:

[...]
> stopped from making such claims later.  Note here that non-US patent claims
> will become a much bigger issue if USA is successful to forcing 140
> countries to extent patents to software, business methods and other internet
> related activities, including many countries with very weak or non-existent
> examination systems.
> 
>     Jamie

Could you please elaborate through which mechanism the USA is enforcing the
SW patents adoption in the other 140 countries ? Is there an official list
of those 140- countries ?

In Europe I am fighting against the possible adoption of SW patents early 2003,
and I already had a gutfeeling that in reality, this was just a high-level
deal with the USA that Europe would standardize on the USA norms for SW 
patenting.

It would be nice if you could deliver specific proof of this element of Europe
action under pressure of the USA on this,

Thanks,

Peter Vandenabeele
_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg