Subject: Re: draft-savola-ipr-lastcall-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 10:52:17 +0100

Scott,

You wrote " If someone has a claim which is generally known, but doesn't
disclose by the time of IETF last call,
they are already getting near to losing the right to enforce the patent."

What makes you say that they are near to losing their "right" ?  Surely
patent rights are granted and enforced by law, not by any process of the
IETF ?

	Regards,

	Graham Travers

	International Standards Manager
	BTexact 

	e-mail:   [email-masked]
	tel:          +44(0) 1359 235086
	mobile:  +44(0) 7808 502536
	fax:          +44(0) 1359 235087

	HWB279, PO Box 200,London, N18 1ZF, UK

	BTexact Technologies is a trademark of British Telecommunications
plc
	Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
	Registered in England no. 1800000

	This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please
notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above)
immediately.

Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 09:41:45 -0400
From: Scott W Brim <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: draft-savola-ipr-lastcall-01.txt

<snip>

>    If IPR claims are known but have not been recorded in the IETF IPR
>    repository yet, documents must not be last-called prior to the claims
>    appearing in the repository.

I'm not sure this has a beneficial result.  If someone has a claim which
is generally known, but doesn't disclose by the time of IETF last call,
they are already getting near to losing the right to enforce the patent.

<snip>
_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg