Subject: BCP 78, RFC 3667 on IETF Rights in Contributions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:14:09 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 78
        RFC 3667

        Title:      IETF Rights in Contributions
        Author(s):  S. Bradner
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       February 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 43297
        SeeAlso:    BCP 78

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipr-submission-rights-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3667.txt

The IETF policies about rights in Contributions to the IETF are
designed to ensure that such Contributions can be made available to
the IETF and Internet communities while permitting the authors to
retain as many rights as possible.  This memo details the IETF
policies on rights in Contributions to the IETF.  It also describes
the objectives that the policies are designed to meet.  This memo
updates RFC 2026, and, with RFC 3668, replaces Section 10 of RFC
2026. 

This document is a product of the Intellectual Property Rights Working
Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.