Subject: Enhancements to IETF IPR Disclosure Page

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:23:23 -0500

The IETF Secretariat is pleased to announce enhancements to the "IETF IPR
Disclosure Page" (https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/ipr_disclosure.cgi) for
handling updates to existing IPR disclosures.  The new features allow users to
submit updates to IPR disclosures, and to identify IPR disclosures that update,
or have been updated by, other disclosures.  Please note that the latter
features apply only to updated disclosures that were submitted on or after
October 6, 2004, the date that the "IETF IPR Disclosure Page" was initially
deployed.

-- Updating an Existing IPR Disclosure

A new link, "Update an existing IPR disclosure," is now available on the main
page of the tool.  The link takes the user to the "IPR Disclosure Update Page"
where the user can select an IPR disclosure from the list provided, and update
the information in a template designed for this purpose.  The template can also
be accessed from the IPR disclosure itself via a link that says "Click here to
update this IPR disclosure."

When the updated IPR disclosure has been posted, the submitter will receive a
confirmation message by e-mail.  The submitter of the original IPR disclosure,
and the "Patent Holder's Contact for License Application" for both the original
and updated disclosures, will be copied on the confirmation message.

-- Identifying Updates to/Updated IPR Disclosures

On the "IETF Page of Intellectual Property Rights Disclosures"
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/ipr_list.cgi), the information provided for
a given IPR disclosure now includes references and links to any IPR disclosures
that update, or have been updated by, that disclosure.  Similar references and
links are also included within the body of the IPR disclosure, and in the
information about the IPR disclosure returned in a search.

If you require assistance in using this Web tool, or would like to report a
bug, then please send a message to [email-masked].

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg