Subject: New version of my proposal posted

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:09:19 +0200

Dear WG:

The -01 version of my draft has been published, see abstract and URL
below.  There has been significant changes:

1) Because problem #1 in -00 has been acknowledged through the changes
   between -00 and -01 of Bradner's document, I have switched the
   order of the problems in my document.  The changes in Bradner's -01
   document is not yet aligned with the permissions granted by RFC
   2026, but at least now this problem has been recognized.

2) Examples of problems has been listed for problem #1, i.e., that BCP
   78 disallow derivative works that were permitted under RFC 2026.  I
   also expanded slightly on the discussion regarding this problem.
   Being able to take portions of RFCs, modify them and send to the
   RFC errata appear to be another example, but I didn't have time to
   add it.

3) The license text has been updated due to comments from Ted Hardie,
   Branden Robinson and Florian Weimer.

Please review this document.  I will likely make a presentation about
the document in Vancouver.

As always, updates to the document are posted at
<http://josefsson.org/bcp78broken/>.

Thanks,
Simon

[email-masked] writes:

> 	Title		: RFC 3978 Update
> 	Author(s)	: S. Josefsson
> 	Filename	: draft-josefsson-ipr-rules-update-01.txt
> 	
>    Two problems with BCP 78 are identified, and a proposal to solve them
>    is proposed.  The first problem is that rights granted to third
>    parties in BCP 78 are more restrictive then what was permitted
>    through the license in RFC 2026.  The rights granted by the new
>    license is too limited for some uses of Contributions.  The uses
>    include adapting portions of Contributions for online help, reference
>    manuals, and source code.  The second problem is that rights to
>    publish and distribute documentes are not granted to third parties.
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-ipr-rules-update-01.txt

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg