Subject: "field of use" elaboration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 15:31:21 -0500

> I understand and sympathise with the cases that Simon describes, so
> I think we need to understand the "field of use" idea better.

I clearly need to write an Internet-Draft on this topic, so that there's
something as concrete as Simon's draft available to shoot at.  I will
try to get this done soon, but my "copious spare time" to do so is
not in plentiful supply.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 17:09:04 -0500

>>>>> "Black" == Black David <[email-masked]> writes:

    >> I understand and sympathise with the cases that Simon
    >> describes, so I think we need to understand the "field of use"
    >> idea better.

    Black> I clearly need to write an Internet-Draft on this topic, so
    Black> that there's something as concrete as Simon's draft
    Black> available to shoot at.  I will try to get this done soon,
    Black> but my "copious spare time" to do so is not in plentiful
    Black> supply.

I'd also like to understand why you are concerned about Simon's
proposal.