Subject: PESCI is not moving

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 15:51:11 -0500

Hi.  THe IESG had a call today to discuss role of pesci in the
plenary.

People generally believed that it is too early to give more than a
brief status report on pesci.  Brian will let people know that he has
organized a design team, they had a draft, there was a BOF.  But we
feel that we'll be in a much better position to present specific
recommendations to the community later.

As such, there is no need to move pesci elsewhere.

I want to stress that this does not imply that pesci is not important
or that community input is not required.  It simply means we're too
early to focus a significant plenary discussion on pesci.  

I'm hoping to convince Brian to describe the process he thinks should
be used to approve pesci documents.  There's a bit of a problem in
that he won't be able the shepherd them.  So, he can make
recommendations about the process but until we pick document shepherds
no one can say anything definitive about the process.

--Sam

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg