Subject: Updated proposed license and another request for a charter update

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 19:17:09 +0100

Hi all.  I have submitted -03 of my draft; it updates the license text
based on feedback from several people.  I'm including the updated
license below, for easy reference.  I welcome comments and
suggestions.

I continue to request that the chairs update the charter, or declare
this work out of scope.  We can't go on for months discussing an issue
without steering.  Based on what I hear, WG members are interested in
solving this issue.  I believe the charter should be updated.

Thanks,
Simon

       c.  The Contributor grants third parties the irrevocable
           right to copy, use and distribute the Contribution, with
           or without modification, in any medium, without royalty,
           provided that unauthorized redistributed modified works
           do not contain misleading author, version, name of work,
           or endorsement information.

           Without separate permission, redistributed modified works
           must:

                (a) not claim endorsement of the modified work by the
                    IETF, IESG, IANA, IAB, ISOC, RFC Editor, or any
                    similar organization, the Contributor or any
                    organization the Contributor belongs to, and

                (b) remove any claims of status as an Internet
                    Standard, for example, by removing the RFC
                    boilerplate.

           The IETF suggests that any citation or excerpt of
           unmodified text reference the RFC or other document from
           which the text is derived.

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:30:02 +0100

Simon Josefsson wrote:
...
> solving this issue.  I believe the charter should be updated.

Firstly, despite what the charter page says, we officially only
have one WG chair, Steve Bellovin, today. Harald was acting chair
in Vancouver.

Secondly, yes, we need to update the charter in a couple of respects.
That will happen, but discussion can continue meanwhile.

    Brian

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:38:40 +0100

> have one WG chair, Steve Bellovin, today. Harald was acting chair

Oh.  I used the plural, since I noticed that the WG charter page had
been updated recently, to add Harald Alvestrand as chair.

> That will happen, but discussion can continue meanwhile.

Thanks!  I look forward to review the proposed updated charter.

Regards,
Simon

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:15:42 -0600

I was hoping Simon was kidding here, but that IS what the WG charter page 
says...

> been updated recently, to add Harald Alvestrand as chair.

Spencer