Subject: Tentative agenda, IPR WG session in Dallas

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:09:11 +0100

The IPR WG is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, March 21, from 1300-1500 in 
the Coronado room.

I suggest the following agenda:

13:00 Introduction, scribes, blue sheet, agenda bash
13:05 Charter status update
13:10 Incoming rights draft - draft-ietf-ipr-rules-update-03
  ISSUE: Publish as delta or publish as a 3978 replacement?
  ISSUE: What does the copyright notice seek to accomplish?
13:30 Outgoing rights draft
  We will go through the document by section, trying to sketch out what 
needs to go there - trying for agreements on principles.
14:30 Next steps
14:45 Any Other Business
  An issue has been identified with 3979 with regard to the secretariat 
asking about licensing rights in IPR
  disclosed by 3rd parties. This needs clarification.
15:00 Close

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:39:45 +0100

Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]> writes:

> The IPR WG is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, March 21, from 1300-1500
> in the Coronado room.
>

How about adding:

ISSUE: Should this document discuss outbound rights, and in particular
       should it limit the possible outbound rights that the IETF
       Trust are permitted to grant?

The -04 version appear to contain a straw-man to do something like
that, and it seem like a interesting idea and potentially a good
thing.

> needs to go there - trying for agreements on principles.

If possible, please make it possible to participate remotely through
jabber here.

Regards,
Simon

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 17:54:33 +0100

>that, and it seem like a interesting idea and potentially a good
The outbound rights will be limited to what the inbound rights permit, 
so there is a connection; I'm not sure how much the doc should say about it.

But sure, I'll add the point to the issues list.

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 21:36:44 +0100

> so there is a connection; I'm not sure how much the doc should say

My point was that -04 goes further than that, and propose to restrict
what kind of outbound rights should be permitted explicitly.  See
section 4 of -04.

Regards,
Simon