Subject: resend - this did not seem to make it the 1st time

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:51:55 -0500 (EST)

> 1. If it's not in the minutes and wasn't discussed on the list,
> I think the fellow who wrote up the IETF standards process would
> tell you that as far as the process is concerned, it didn't happen.

well it sorta  happened because a changed version of the ID ws posted for
discussion but that specific change was not noted in the change log

> If it isn't a typo, IMHO it's a bug. It makes 3rd party disclosures
> good only for one thing - creating FUD and having a chilling effect
> on the draft(s) concerned. We have running code proof of this negative
> effect right now in a certain case.

the charter said to follow our running code - and the chaseing of 3rd
party disclosures was not running code - I if recall Steve Coya said
that he had not done this for many years - so the change was following
the charter

this is not to say that the change was the rigyt thing to do but lets
discuss it on it merit rather than try to dismiss it for dubious process
reasons

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg