Subject: Submissions and Notewell - Question about the Fraudulent Conveyance of IP Titles.

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 07:34:57 -0700

Jorge - In the extreme,  is the use of an electronic transport in the
fraudulent conveyance of IP to the IETF a Federal Crime or not when its done
by someone who is not formally authorized to be an IP Agent of their
Sponsors ?  I.e. I take your IP and 'transfer ownership to a third party
through an electronic means' when I don't own it...

First off this violates DCMA for the IETF to accept and republish it. Second
off it makes the IETF and  the submitter co-conspirator's in a fraud by wire
against the assets of the sponsor's who are footing the participation bills
for the submitter.

My point in asking is that no one that I know of has a "durable power of
attorney" for a sponsor as an Engineer for said same Sponsor.  Further
without a reliable and very durable power of attorney - the participants in
the IETF's operations cannot agree to the NOTEWELL constraints either,
because they don't own their own participation.

Why I bring this up is that unless you are willing to formally refute this
Jorge, I am stating for the record that any and all submissions of IP to the
IETF that are controlled by the Sponsors ***MUST*** come from the Sponsors
and not private citizens those sponsor's may send to the IETF for employee
development...  Or the conveyance authorization must come formally the
Sponsor's authorized IP Agents, who probably must likewise execute a  new
and particular release for each instance of participation, which would be a
real mess, especially since we all know most participants don't and wont
ever get this authority...

Todd Glassey

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg