Subject: NEW Item... - Use Limitation Caveat Statement.

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:16:28 -0700

I want to propose the Addition of the following language(s) to the Release
Boilerplate.

1) Limiting the release to the IETF's Standards Process only
------------------------------------------------------------
"Any and all releases granted in this document pertain only republication or
excerpting from this document for an active use in the officially
sanctioned, IETF standards process this IP is a part of. No follow-on rights
beyond "republication as an active part of the IETF Standards Process for
this IP" are granted, implied or conveyed by the IETF or the IP's owners to
anyone for any other purpose."

2) Agreeing that the Submitter or the Submitter Sponsor 'take all
responsibility for protecting..."
------------------------------------------------------------
"The IETF provides a framework and the services to create Internet
Standards. In doing so it takes Copyright Assignment's from the Submitters
but in doing so takes no formal ownership of the IP's contained within the
IETF's IP-for-Publishing Submission Template which was populated and then
submitted by the Submitter.

The IETF retains its full rights for republication as defined in its
Standards Process Statement, and in doing so it is agreed that the Submitter
or their Sponsor bear all responsibilities for the submission, protection,
and management of those IP's, including but not limited to defending
pre-existing claims, costs of necessary research, and any damage in the form
of fees or awards that may occur in cleaning up IP ownership issues within
the IETF's framework.

Submitters agree that they will bear all costs to defend any claims raised
against the IETF or those Submitters in their actions within the IETF."

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg