Subject: Possible NEW item - Additional IPR Timing Boilerplate.

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 08:17:36 -0700

Harald - I want to propose that we should add something like a statement
that the IETF acknowledges that the publication of any of its documents may
start IP timers running, and that in these instances, the Submitter of the
IP to the IETF accepts any and all responsibilities for that submission.
That as a SDO, the IETF's responsibilities are for the processes it uses to
create and honor IP controls.  These processes, which are stated in numerous
other IETF process documents, document that all responsibilities for the use
or reliance on these IP's rest with the adopter.

The same statement should document that the IETF makes no warranties as to
the license or its fitness, or that rescission will never happen... And that
any final provisions, contracts, or licenses for use must be managed between
the IP Owners and the Relying Parties.

...Or something like it.

This statement addresses/or should address:

    1)    Acknowledgement that there may be other un-named IPR at play here.
Especially those including multiple jurisdictions.

    2)     That the IPR publication is the responsibility of the submitter,
and the IETF is only acting as a mechanical agent in furtherance of their
will and action.

    3)    That the publication of this draft or RFC may start International
Patent Control Timers running but that this is the responsibility of the
Submitter/and not the IETF

And yes I know that there are scattered statements in a number of documents
that already say this, I want this text in the Boilerplate for the License
Statements.

Todd

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg